Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do you live in Grimsby(or surrounding areas)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 97 Guests

Where do you live in Grimsby(or surrounding areas)

This thread currently has 8,691 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
August 31, 2011, 7:03am
Guest User
Quoted from bradzmilne

Same here! Its not woodfield close is it? Thats were I live.

St Christophers Road mate. Love it round here.

I moved from Macaulay Street which now has daily burglaries, people with tattoos on their faces, tracksuit wearing chavs, people in the shop in their dressing gowns and spit all over the floor. Not being snobby but I'm delighted I got out of there. It never used to be like that.
Reply: 60 - 101
cmackenzie4
August 31, 2011, 9:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from 75

I moved from Macaulay Street which now has daily burglaries, people with tattoos on their faces, tracksuit wearing chavs, people in the shop in their dressing gowns and spit all over the floor. Not being snobby but I'm delighted I got out of there. It never used to be like that.

Have to agree vicar,it is very rough down there now,some of the houses near the shop are boarded up,it is a shame has it use to be a nice area,i took my dad there last year when he was down from shetland,he was brought up in macaulay street,he had a tear in his eye with how much it had changed,he was showing me were he use to play when he was a kid,the longship use to be a good pub in the 80s as well,longship is gone now,i think there building flats there now.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 101
ginnywings
August 31, 2011, 10:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 75

My brothers street in Cleethorpes is getting that way and he's in despair.Thinks he'll have to move from the house we grew up in and were born in.He inherited it from my parents after my Mam had inherited it from her parents.

The house has been in the family forever and he is very sad to have to let it go because of the chavs,pit bulls,dogshit and feckless fornicators who sit on sofas in the front drinking all day.He daren't leave the house for any length of time.

Sad really.Every time one of the old characters shuffles off this mortal coil,a young couple with tattoos and endless kids move in.It's a vicious circle as they drive down the prices and that makes them attractive to landlords,who buy them and fill them with more undesirables and the prices keep dropping.

My brother has a lovely,well kept house and it would be worth 100,000 up the top end of Meggies but he's had it valued at half that,which means he can't afford anything like as good in a nicer area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 101
upthestripes
August 31, 2011, 11:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 75

I used to live down Macaulay Street Vicar, about 15 years ago. Tbh I wouldn't have described it as 'nice' even then.
Near town though, which was a plus.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 101
carrot top
August 31, 2011, 12:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Live 9 miles outside Leeds
Brought up on the nunny, then willows and finally wybers before moving to yorkie land 20 years ago.
If I came back I would like to live either in Humberstone or Weelsby Road area

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 101
Monkeytennis
August 31, 2011, 1:49pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Immingham, please try not to get too jealous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 101
grimsby pete
August 31, 2011, 2:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Reading all the problems in the town makes me feel very lucky to live in peaceful, crime free Suffolk,

Thats apart from the odd mass murderer,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 101
CairnsMariner
August 31, 2011, 3:10pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
Quoted from grimsby pete
Talking of weather,

I love the English climate, we do not have more than 2 days the same,

When I was young , I loved the hot weather, now I like it mild but dry, with a spot of rain at night for the garden.

We get plenty of spots of rain, abouut 2m of it every year and have the Gumboot Capital of Australia (wettest town), Babinda, just to the south of here, which averages over 4200mm every year!!!

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 101
August 31, 2011, 4:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from upthestripes

I used to live down Macaulay Street Vicar, about 15 years ago. Tbh I wouldn't have described it as 'nice' even then.
Near town though, which was a plus.

Certainly nicer than it is now. My mum still lives there and I worry about her. I still own a house down there as I couldn't sell it - I bet it's worth about £25 and a Kit Kat now.

I got attacked down the subway about a year ago by a couple of chavs. I had to run into the water to escape. I was lucky as they don't care nowadays. Two v one isn't a problem for them. I imagine they were after my wallet but they didn't fancy getting wet. That or they just wanted to smash someones face in for their amusement. Scum. I know some cats down there have been stamped on to death recently. My mums cats are like family to her - she lives alone and it boggles the mind why people would do something like that.
Reply: 68 - 101
upthestripes
August 31, 2011, 7:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 75

Certainly nicer than it is now. My mum still lives there and I worry about her. I still own a house down there as I couldn't sell it - I bet it's worth about £25 and a Kit Kat now.

I got attacked down the subway about a year ago by a couple of chavs. I had to run into the water to escape. I was lucky as they don't care nowadays. Two v one isn't a problem for them. I imagine they were after my wallet but they didn't fancy getting wet. That or they just wanted to smash someones face in for their amusement. Scum. I know some cats down there have been stamped on to death recently. My mums cats are like family to her - she lives alone and it boggles the mind why people would do something like that.

Flippin heck! Well I will say it certainly wasn't anything like that!
That's the problem, when an area gets that bad you can't move away because no-one wants to live there any more.
I hope you can help get your mum away from there one day though mate as well as selling your house.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do you live in Grimsby(or surrounding areas)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.