Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › fans forum tonight
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 47 Guests

fans forum tonight

This thread currently has 17,789 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
cod.gtfc
July 18, 2011, 9:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600
Question - did Fenty rule out going part time or not ? Can't remember....

Pretty sure he said something like "you need to stay professional to get out of the BSP".

He said he would do all he can not to go part time, then said you can't get promoted if part-time. So basically we either lose lots of money not getting promoted, or we lose everything the club is by going part-time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 193
headingly_mariner
July 18, 2011, 9:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,426
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from petethemariner

I''m no apologist for Fenty, never have been never will be, but you conveniently seem to have ignored the fact that we apparently lost  over 900K last year ( I'm sure on publication of the clubs account you will be able to double check this) perhaps, instead of slagging him off you should for a moment consider the Rushden & Diamonds situation, an ex league club that now doesn't exist beacause they had no financial backer and at least acknowledge the fact that we still exist, almost entirely from Fenty and Parkers money,  albeit in a league we d'ont want to be in and before you say it, yes  i am well aware of our demise  through the leagues under Fentys stewardship!.

But the mismanagment by Fenty has put us in this position. The club continue to lose more and more money under his stewardship and decisions to save thousands years ago have cost the club millions in the long run and cost us our league status. I have no doubt we would be in a better position had fenty not been involved in the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 193
petethemariner
July 18, 2011, 9:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from 1600
Question - did Fenty rule out going part time or not ? Can't remember....

Pretty sure he said something like "you need to stay professional to get out of the BSP".

He did say that and  despite my previous post showing a bit of support towards him, you have to
worry when he says certain things, because he does have a habit of backtracking! He did say though
that failure to get out of this league this coming  seadon is likely to result in a similar loss to last (900K+), c'ant imagine  either he, or Parker will continue to support the club to that tune indefinitely.
Very big season coming up at BP.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 193
80sglory
July 18, 2011, 9:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from cod.gtfc

He said he would do all he can not to go part time, then said you can't get promoted if part-time. So basically we either lose lots of money not getting promoted, or we lose everything the club is by going part-time.

Cheers for that.
Wonder if that means it's sh1t or bust this season then ? (not literally)

Reply: 163 - 193
cod.gtfc
July 18, 2011, 9:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

Cheers for that.
Wonder if that means it's sh1t or bust this season then ? (not literally)

if it was excrement or bust we would have a bigger budget than 900k, I think even though we need promotion to stay full time, it will have to be several more seasons with no sign of improvment at this level before he would consider going part time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 193
80sglory
July 18, 2011, 9:17pm
Guest User
I hope you're right but Fenty did sound like he was becoming increasingly tired of the financial burden on his shoulders(although Parker is helping)
Don't like to be doom and gloom but I can see the youth team getting axed (before we ever go part time).

Fingers crossed for this season !
Reply: 165 - 193
Garth
July 18, 2011, 9:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from petethemariner

I''m no apologist for Fenty, never have been never will be, but you conveniently seem to have ignored the fact that we apparently lost  over 900K last year ( I'm sure on publication of the clubs account you will be able to double check this) perhaps, instead of slagging him off you should for a moment consider the Rushden & Diamonds situation, an ex league club that now doesn't exist beacause they had no financial backer and at least acknowledge the fact that we still exist, almost entirely from Fenty and Parkers money,  albeit in a league we d'ont want to be in and before you say it, yes  i am well aware of our demise  through the leagues under Fentys stewardship!.

Well said,to some people the grass is always greener on tother side headingly talk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 193
The Grim Reaper
July 18, 2011, 9:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Just got back from work, does anyone want to do a summary of tonight?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 193
Denby
July 18, 2011, 9:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from 1600

It's also about whether you invest to go for a "big push" or stay within playing budgets.

and the scary thing is we haven't gone for the "big push" but will still lose £2m over two seasons, top quality management
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 193
flash1
July 18, 2011, 11:00pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
i asked tonight wether the boston chairman had been offered a friendly to compensate them for our new managers,just as i thought jon replied he had but declined the offer,,surely tows travelling army would have generated more than £25,000 which there seeking

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 193
20 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › fans forum tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.