Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › fans forum tonight
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 42 Guests

fans forum tonight

This thread currently has 17,788 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner16
July 18, 2011, 8:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Can we do what the managers ask and get as many as possible against fleetwood no matter what goes on in pre season. Looking forward to the season now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 193
Devonmatt
July 18, 2011, 8:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Get fooked same old shite from fenty and new managers every season, same old naive punters who swallow it up and before xmas they are calling for the managers head.

What did we learn tonight that is important? connell money over 3 years with 1 years money being reinvested in new players which shows a real lack of ambition for me.

Fenty is keen to slag connell off as he did when bennett went and this shows what a classless cuntt he really is.

The continued involvement of fenty in the club is nothing to be optimistic about.

Fair enough!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 193
80sglory
July 18, 2011, 8:46pm
Guest User
Pretty much ticked all the right boxes tonight but then again, you'd expect that.

Only 1 player coming in then.
I guess it's a striker(anyone remember what they said about replacing Connell, was it "no rush" ?), so guess we won't get a left back.

What struck me most of all was something I think Fenty said after talking about Connell etc.

Not sure exactly but something like "You need the strongest squad available to get out of the BSP" (he later admitted you're financially better off in L2)

This was after Scott opened up the discussion by mentioning "playing budgets".

Seems ironic Fenty would say that after the Connell sale so I got the personal impression it was a financially motivated move,
My personal guess is those 4-3-3 doubts were a red herring.
Reply: 152 - 193
headingly_mariner
July 18, 2011, 8:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,426
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Devonmatt

Fair enough!

apologies for that. i am in general an optimistic person but things that have happened at town in the last 10 years have destroyed any chance of me being optimistic about town. i will still go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 193
Devonmatt
July 18, 2011, 8:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from 1600
Pretty much ticked all the right boxes tonight but then again, you'd expect that.

Only 1 player coming in then.
I guess it's a striker(anyone remember what they said about replacing Connell, was it "no rush" ?), so guess we won't get a left back.

What struck me most of all was something I think Fenty said after talking about Connell etc.

Not sure exactly but something like "You need the strongest squad available to get out of the BSP" (he later admitted you're financially better off in L2)

This was after Scott opened up the discussion by mentioning "playing budgets".

Seems ironic Fenty would say that after the Connell sale so I got the personal impression it was a financially motivated move,
My personal guess is those 4-3-3 doubts were a red herring.

I'm pretty sure that his reference to strength was about the youth players being able to cut it in the physical league that is the BSP! Please let the Connell thing go will you!?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 193
80sglory
July 18, 2011, 8:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from petethemariner
Thought the manegers gave fantastic thoughtful and intelligent answers, not sure what to make of JF's talk on
the new stadium though, we have heard this all, before followed by absolutely nothing for months/years, i also found his comment about Mike Parker continuing to increase his shareholding and whether he  does the same, very interesting,i know he said they would both continue to support the  clubs losses and  maybe it was me, but i just get the idea there might be a  tiny bit bit of friction there and possibly a bit of a power struggle to come - perhaps i'm wrong, certainly hope so, because everyone at GTFC needs to be pulling in the same directtion.

Didn't Fenty describe himself as "Billy Nomaites" when talking about him supporting the club who were losing to the tune of £900K a season ?
When asked whether he was concerned, think he saidmNo because the commitment has been made for the current year, but wasn't sure what happened after that ?
Personally I got the impression he was getting sick of pumping his money in.
You couldn't  blame him I suppose.
Well I suppose you could !  (joke...)
Reply: 155 - 193
voice of reason
July 18, 2011, 8:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Devonmatt

Not a place for negativity tonight my friend.  Let's get behind everything GTFC

HM has a point... It'll take more than one good forum for people to forget what has happened to our club on JF's watch...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 193
80sglory
July 18, 2011, 8:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from Devonmatt

I'm pretty sure that his reference to strength was about the youth players being able to cut it in the physical league that is the BSP!

No I heard that too it was when they were talking about playing budgets etc.
As I said I can't remember the exact quote.

Quoted from Devonmatt
Please let the Connell thing go will you!?

It's not just about Connell though is it ?
It's also about whether you invest to go for a "big push" or stay within playing budgets.
Whether it's worth spending to accumulate to get out the BSP (if possible)
Come January and we're in touch of the playoffs, exactly the same question could well crop up again.
Reply: 157 - 193
petethemariner
July 18, 2011, 8:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Get fooked same old shite from fenty and new managers every season, same old naive punters who swallow it up and before xmas they are calling for the managers head.

What did we learn tonight that is important? connell money over 3 years with 1 years money being reinvested in new players which shows a real lack of ambition for me.

Fenty is keen to slag connell off as he did when bennett went and this shows what a classless cuntt he really is.

The continued involvement of fenty in the club is nothing to be optimistic about.

I''m no apologist for Fenty, never have been never will be, but you conveniently seem to have ignored the fact that we apparently lost  over 900K last year ( I'm sure on publication of the clubs account you will be able to double check this) perhaps, instead of slagging him off you should for a moment consider the Rushden & Diamonds situation, an ex league club that now doesn't exist beacause they had no financial backer and at least acknowledge the fact that we still exist, almost entirely from Fenty and Parkers money,  albeit in a league we d'ont want to be in and before you say it, yes  i am well aware of our demise  through the leagues under Fentys stewardship!.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 193
80sglory
July 18, 2011, 9:03pm
Guest User
Question - did Fenty rule out going part time or not ? Can't remember....

Pretty sure he said something like "you need to stay professional to get out of the BSP".
Reply: 159 - 193
20 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › fans forum tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.