No Members and 102 Guests

What happens next

This thread currently has 3,273 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
July 15, 2011, 4:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from upthestripes
I don't remember being told he wasn't for sale, only that he wouldn't be going to a BSP club and that a good offer from a league club would be seriously considered. Maybe I missed something?

Just look in the GET article
http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk.....22-detail/story.html

"I want to make it absolutely clear again that our top scorer is not for sale."

But that's my point though.
Fenty is full of doublespeak - he says one thing as if we're meant to beleive it's gospel but then immediate contradicts himself and says the opposite.

Ok he MAY have meant Luton, but in any case it's not conclusive, bordering on misleading and we've seen and heard of mutliple examples from the club saying they're not looking to sell.

"I can say again we are not looking to sell a player who was our top scorer last season."

Yeah, say it again Fenty !  

Why can't you just be straight with the fans and say you're loooking to sell at the right price ?
But oh no, we've got to have this all political talk and believe they're fighting tooth and nail to keep hold of him haven't we ?
My @rse !

As for the season being excrement or bust, it's a guess based on Fenty's own words about a need for promotion and articles in the media relating to the state of the clubs finances e.g. the youth team being under strain.
I hope it's not as bad as it sounds but at the end of the day(irrespective of the wages WE choose to pay), we're losing £500K every year we stay in the BSP.
Reply: 20 - 32
July 15, 2011, 4:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1600

As for the season being excrement or bust, it's a guess based on Fenty's own words about a need for promotion and articles in the media relating to the state of the clubs finances e.g. the youth team being under strain.
I hope it's not as bad as it sounds but at the end of the day(irrespective of the wages WE choose to pay), we're losing £500K every year we stay in the BSP.

Lucky we've got Fenty backing us financially, then?
Reply: 21 - 32
RoboCod
July 15, 2011, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from 1600

Fenty is full of doublespeak - he says one thing as if we're meant to beleive it's gospel but then immediate contradicts himself and says the opposite.

Ok he MAY have meant Luton, but in any case it's not conclusive, bordering on misleading and we've seen and heard of mutliple examples from the club saying they're not looking to sell.

"I can say again we are not looking to sell a player who was our top scorer last season."

Why can't you just be straight with the fans and say you're loooking to sell at the right price ?
But oh no, we've got to have this all political talk and believe they're fighting tooth and nail to keep hold of him haven't we ?
My @rse !

I've never had a go at you 80's, I admire your enthusiasm a lot but you are beating a long-dead horse here....Fenty did what any chairman would have done. He said what any other would have said. It was a good deal, we got a big payout on a player that cost next to nothing, who did not want to be here for another season AND was not sold to LUTON or SCUNNY ! For that I am grateful.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
Devonmatt
July 15, 2011, 4:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from 1600

My @rse !

For someone who apparently dissects everything into minute detail and forms opinion on every utterance to suddenly take the spoken word of a football club chairman as gospel seems strange, and if you don't mind me saying, a little naive.  

As mentioned elsewhere............"What happens next".........we move on

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
cod.gtfc
July 15, 2011, 4:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

yet again twisting things to prove your pointless argument.

How about quoting this line from the same article?

"Unless there is an offer from a league club, there is nothing for us to consider and Alan remains here where we want him and will be here on August 13 when the season begins.

He's not for sale unless a league club comes in with the right offer...........

its all very simple, now just stop going on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
Madeleymariner
July 15, 2011, 5:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
In the end, if you say you want to sell you will always get lower offers. He has gone to a league team whicgh is what he wanted, I dont see the problem. Pity hes going but its good business to sell while he is hot property, as long as a big chunk of it is added to the the transfer/wages kitty for this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
lowerfindus
July 15, 2011, 5:06pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
With strikers like Daryl Clare and Spencer Weir-Daly knocking about re-investment may come sooner than later.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
gary_elton
July 15, 2011, 5:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
ermmmm  80's glory ?  are you Macca ?    

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
Shiver
July 15, 2011, 5:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Quoted from gary_elton
ermmmm  80's glory ?  are you Macca ?    

Macca could be a right male private but he wasn't stupid,  80s however...

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
80sglory
July 15, 2011, 6:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Devonmatt
For someone who apparently dissects everything into minute detail and forms opinion on every utterance to suddenly take the spoken word of a football club chairman as gospel seems strange, and if you don't mind me saying, a little naive.

You've totally misunderstood so are in no position to call me naive, quite the opposite in fact.  
I never took it as gospel at all, I always had my doubts.
But the tone and arrogance of Fenty's words and statements suggested he wanted fans to treat his re-assurances with complete acceptance.

Quoted from cod.gtfc
yet again twisting things to prove your pointless argument.

Says you who missed out half of my quote to twist your own argument.

Quoted from Shiver
Macca could be a right male private but he wasn't stupid,  80s however...

If I'm that stupid then how come I fired the warning shot about Woodsys tenure after the first home game of last season whilst everyone else thought we were heading for the football league ?

But don't worry, if I think we're going up I'll be shouting it from the rooftops.
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What happens next

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.