Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Connells off to...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 83 Guests

Connells off to...

This thread currently has 5,605 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
BottesfordMariner
July 15, 2011, 6:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I dont think there is much else Town could do here. Some posters are saying we lack ambition and inevitably some fans will see this as another chance to have a pop at Fenty.

Connell had expressed his wish to be back in the FL (which i think is fair enough) and i think most would agree he deserves to play at a higher level. If a player wants to go these days there's not much a club can do.

Had he gone to Luton that would have left a bitter taste in the mouth - both Town and Connell would have received a lot of flak and rightly so

in this scenario Connell leaves with best wishes from most fans and Town get a decent amount of money in return...in 12 months he could have left for nowt.

I wish AC well and thank him for his contribution to last year.

my hope now is that at least some of the cash will be available for new player(s)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
siy2k5
July 15, 2011, 7:52pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
All the best Al, thanks for the goals, and good luck fornext season x

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
The Fishman
July 15, 2011, 8:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
i honestly think we have very good deal as he would have walked next year for nothing .. but i thought he found his level last year as his history wasnt great even bournemouth released the guy .. i will miss connell as a player but i dont think we will miss him as i dont think s&h style wouldnt have suited him anyway so good luck alan for the future  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
Borbs
July 15, 2011, 8:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Well done Mr Fenty good business IMHO Connell will not be anywhere near last seasons goal tally in the league and may struggle to stay in the side. Has no pace and has to have the ball to feet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
ponnyfan
July 15, 2011, 9:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Good luck Alan and all the best for the future - thanks for your entertaining and attacking play last season which was a refreshing change from the drivel served up in recent years. Total respect and good luck !

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Connells off to...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.