Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Connells off to...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 107 Guests

Connells off to...

This thread currently has 5,611 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
lincoln.mariner
July 15, 2011, 2:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from Townfantom

Beat me to it. Gutted about this, just hope we get a decent replacement.

Really think Liam Hearne was brought in to replace Connell.

Which one is Big and which one is Small
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
lowerfindus
July 15, 2011, 2:24pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Nothing like being positive eh?  

I'd rather watch us try and play proper football and I just dont think we are going to do that. There is no fun in watching a bish bash bosh up an at em team IMO. Of course I want us to do well but I'd rather see us at least try and play some form of football that can be considered entertaining.

Anyway, Ive had enough of positive. Presume the worst then everything else has to be better. Surely???????

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
RoboCod
July 15, 2011, 2:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from lowerfindus

I'd rather watch us try and play proper football and I just dont think we are going to do that. There is no fun in watching a bish bash bosh up an at em team IMO. Of course I want us to do well but I'd rather see us at least try and play some form of football that can be considered entertaining.

Anyway, Ive had enough of positive. Presume the worst then everything else has to be better. Surely???????

Who says we're finished in the transfer market ? S&H have proven to be shrewd buyers, maybe they have had a target lined up in case Connell went. Either way I expect decent and consistent football and management under them, after all the make it up as you go along management from Woodsy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
pontoonlew
July 15, 2011, 2:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Well this gives us chance to spend at least half of whatever the money is on another goalscorer that Penn and Teller want. Gutted, truely gutted but slight optimism to see who comes in, if anybody.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
mariner91
July 15, 2011, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from NorfolkImp
...... mid-table mediocrity at best awaits, providing the Boston lads are up to it?!!!

I forget you've signed world beaters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
Maringer
July 15, 2011, 2:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
It seems pretty obvious Connell was desperate to leave and he would have intimated as much to the club. This is why they have been not-so-subtly touting him around during the past week or two.

I still think he would have done himself a favour by staying for a second year, scoring another hatful of goals, then moving on at the end of his contract. However, at least we've got some decent enough money for him.

Question is, do we need another striker now? Hearn looks to have been signed as a replacement for Connell but does this mean that Duffy is now back in the reckoning for the first team once again?

Just a pity that we didn't have another couple of decent players last season who could have helped make all of Connell's goals worth something and given us a chance of promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
gtfc98
July 15, 2011, 2:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
100k plus what we're saving on his wages will get us a decent player at this level. I'm disappointed he's gone but I'm confident h+s will reinvest wisely.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
AndyGTFC
July 15, 2011, 3:07pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
For felicitations sake.

I won't lie, I honestly thought he was gonna stay until January at the very least because I didn't think anyone would be willing to pay what we wanted. Ah well. That is some decent dosh for a striker at our level. I hope we bring in another striker though, it'd be a risk to go into the season with what we've got.

Good luck in the future Alan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
DocDock
July 15, 2011, 3:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from gtfc98
100k plus what we're saving on his wages will get us a decent player at this level. I'm disappointed he's gone but I'm confident h+s will reinvest wisely.

You're assuming H+S will see that money for players. Remind me what happened to the money we got off Peterborough for Ryan Bennett?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
Devonmatt
July 15, 2011, 3:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from DocDock

You're assuming H+S will see that money for players. Remind me what happened to the money we got off Peterborough for Ryan Bennett?

Pretty sure it went toward making up the huge void in our revenue streams, could be wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Connells off to...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.