GtfcGarner
June 12, 2011, 10:24am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from topuphere666
Not to fussed to see him go. Bit harsh people having a go for him wanting more money. If any of us got offered our current jobs for a different firm with a higher wage- who would turn it down?

Im not a professional footballer though, if i was things would be alot different as for saying loyalty, which you hardly ever find in the modern game. Rob would of been on a decent wage here i would have thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 129
Theimperialcoroner
June 12, 2011, 10:40am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,261
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from mariner91
Well Alan will win at least one penalty off him.

Imagine the penalties we'd win if the Lester rumour happened to be true. It'd be carnage.....

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 129
marinette
June 12, 2011, 11:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
There's a good defender in there somewhere.He's a good footballer and i thought he was excellent when he first came.Probably been ground down by the Grimsby curse and will be a new man at a new club,with a fresh challenge.He owes us nothing and you can't blame him for wanting a change of scenery.

I think a lot of our better players have been worn down by years of defeat and failure and we need to move them on and bring in fresh faces with a fresh impetus.Doesn't look like Scohurst fought to keep him.

As with Bore,a good thing for both parties.

Sums it up for me.

Smashy and Nicey didn't seem interested in him - spent a lot of time on the bench, didn't he, last few games?  He's probably taken a good look at what Fleetwood did last season, and what they might be capable of doing next.  If they've offered him a decent contract then it's probably a good move for him.

Good luck to him.

Private Message
Reply: 122 - 129
Mariners_15
June 12, 2011, 1:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from foreverloyal72
Fleetwood have been promoted 4 times in the 6yrs so they must be doing something right,however money doesn't buy you happiness as all the grown ups on this thread will know,I for 1 is rather excited about playing fleetwood next term I believe they have a 4 ex mariners on the squad sheet lee THORPE,peter TILL,paul LINWOOD and rob ATKINSON..

Reading that did make me chuckle. 2 lacking in any real quality and 2 lacking in any real work ethic or commitment to the cause. Good luck with those 4 Fleetwood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 129
mariner marc
June 12, 2011, 2:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Quoted from marinette

Sums it up for me.

Smashy and Nicey didn't seem interested in him - spent a lot of time on the bench, didn't he, last few games?  He's probably taken a good look at what Fleetwood did last season, and what they might be capable of doing next.  If they've offered him a decent contract then it's probably a good move for him.

Good luck to him.
still somewhat surprised that he turned down a contract with us though

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 129
Abdul19
June 12, 2011, 3:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,593
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from mariner marc
still somewhat surprised that he turned down a contract with us though

I reckon our offer was lower than what he was on (ie. league wages), whereas Fleetwood have probably matched it.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 129
acko338
July 16, 2011, 8:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Fleetwood 0 Preston 4.

The Fleetwood fans aren't too chuffed with Rob's first friendly performance - gave a goal away with a under hit backheader to their keeper - sounds familiar ??

Caught in two minds several times on box player marking..... mmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Are you reading this, Liam Hearn ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 129
RoboCod
July 16, 2011, 8:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from acko338
Fleetwood 0 Preston 4.

The Fleetwood fans aren't too chuffed with Rob's first friendly performance - gave a goal away with a under hit backheader to their keeper - sounds familiar ??

Caught in two minds several times on box player marking..... mmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Are you reading this, Liam Hearn ??

Atkinson in a nutshell.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 129
mariner91
July 16, 2011, 8:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from RoboCod

Atkinson in a nutshell.

Not quite, he didn't try and wrestle with a much stronger and cleverer player conceding a free kick from which the opposition would score.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 129
RoboCod
July 16, 2011, 9:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from mariner91

Not quite, he didn't try and wrestle with a much stronger and cleverer player conceding a free kick from which the opposition would score.

No, sounds like he got caught between keeper and his marked player. He seems to do either this, or the above, quite regularly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 129
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rob Atkinson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.