5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
theicenian
October 23, 2009, 1:01am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
What goes around comes around.

Who remembers when Auntie Beeb wouldn't allow the IRA leaders on TV cos they were killing off politicians as well as policeman,soldiers and their own folks. I seem to remember Ken Livingston and others making a fuss about that.

Who remembers Peter Hain disrupting cricket matches and rugby matches in order to protest about South Africa.

Michael Foot and the ban the bomb gang CND

Somewhere in that heaving mass outside auntie tonight were budding labour politicians,perhaps a primeminister,a foreign secratary etc. To look them you would never believe would you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
Manchester Mariner
October 23, 2009, 8:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,827
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Im just saying, it wasnt a fair argument it was a witchhunt

Seeing a clip on the news this morning he just looked completely out of his depth even resorting to doing a my dads bigger than your dad quip with Jack Straw.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
Biccys
October 23, 2009, 9:13am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I think he got away pretty scot free. There was potential for him to be ripped apart by the panel but they just got angry at him.

He is a slimy pig though and the Beeb sitting Ms. Greer, the black, American woman who's a curator of the British Museum was very well planned...!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 40
dapperz fun pub
October 23, 2009, 9:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Im just saying, it wasnt a fair argument it was a witchhunt

and because of this griffin will come out of this well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
OneNightInGrimsby
October 23, 2009, 10:54am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / -3
When does Gerry Adams get on question time, after all the IRA are a member of parliment now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
paulgtfc
October 23, 2009, 1:33pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

Seeing a clip on the news this morning he just looked completely out of his depth even resorting to doing a my dads bigger than your dad quip with Jack Straw.

That quip was SO funny. Jack Straw looked an absolute t**t last night - should be grateful to Griffin for taking the spotlight off him.

Don't think Griffin enhanced the BNP - given plenty of airtime but did not denounce many past quotes attributed to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
moosey_club
October 23, 2009, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,338
Gold Stars: 229
The major parties did not come across at all well last night, they just kept returning any issue raised to race and in jack straws case blacks and browns, ignorant. Even Griffin had to remind him that immigration is not just about colour.
As i would not vote for Griffin i had little interest in how he performed, not very well in my opinion all the same but as somebody who's vote is out there for the taking ,as i dont staunchly follow any party, then the others by just focussing on race and picking on Griffin as they did have not done anything to convince me they are worthy of it.
Tub thumping by professional politicians aiming at a poorly prepared political novice is hardly the stuff of excellent government.

One question though, if, as they announce at the start of the show, all the questions are random and unannounced how come Jack Straw was reading and referring to ready information throughout ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
OneNightInGrimsby
October 23, 2009, 5:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Jack Straw is a poor excuse for a human being, pretty much like most of the labour party. Griffin had one or two reasons why he didn't like islam and none of the reasons were anything to do with skin colour, as we live in a democratic society and have freedom of speech then he is entitiled to his opinion just like muslims are entiitled to theirs, and they can't stand the way we live in our own country. Agree with griffin on some of his views but don't really like the nasty things he stands for but as some of his views are not all racist i can see him getting a few more votes and the other parties are looking slightly worried.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
NorfolkImp
October 23, 2009, 7:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
I felt for Nick last night ....... or anyone else who would have to suffer that 'bear-pit' of abuse. The fact he has broader shoulders than most is credit to him, because had it been anyone else on the end of the abhorrent personal rants against him, they'd have flipped, burst into tears or simply walked out. It wasn't Question Time or topical debate, because 'they' simply couldn't risk it. Of the other panelists only Bonnie Greer came out of it with any credibility, and the 'banter' bordering on humour between her and Nick being the only redeeming feature of the night ...... oh and the fury of bank robber/letter bomb sender Peter Hain that he was on in the first place (snigger)

As for the Anti-fascist (a misnomer if ever there was one) 'rabble' outside BBC Centre ...... well a mixture of truly vile specimens, the usual Commie suspects who are 'silent' on Islamic Millitant issues, plus the odd stone island jumper thrown in   ...... its just a pity the OB didn't use their truncheons with the same ferocity that they do policing football.

We havn't heard the end of this saga .......  

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
barralad
October 23, 2009, 9:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from NorfolkImp
I felt for Nick last night ....... or anyone else who would have to suffer that 'bear-pit' of abuse. The fact he has broader shoulders than most is credit to him, because had it been anyone else on the end of the abhorrent personal rants against him, they'd have flipped, burst into tears or simply walked out. It wasn't Question Time or topical debate, because 'they' simply couldn't risk it. Of the other panelists only Bonnie Greer came out of it with any credibility, and the 'banter' bordering on humour between her and Nick being the only redeeming feature of the night ...... oh and the fury of bank robber/letter bomb sender Peter Hain that he was on in the first place (snigger)

As for the Anti-fascist (a misnomer if ever there was one) 'rabble' outside BBC Centre ...... well a mixture of truly vile specimens, the usual Commie suspects who are 'silent' on Islamic Millitant issues, plus the odd stone island jumper thrown in   ...... its just a pity the OB didn't use their truncheons with the same ferocity that they do policing football.

We havn't heard the end of this saga .......  

Which is exactly what he hoped people would do. Politics aside he made a very poor job of his big chance. As for the audience well, the Question Time audience are renowned for their loudness. (It was like a bear pit in Grimsby t'other month) You are far more intelligent than to be trying to jump on this victimisation bandwagon. It wasn't about the abuse it was about how he dealt with it. May I venture to suggest that complaining to the BBC because he was given a hard time will not get him too much credibility. I was very much in favour of him being given the chance to speak. The man is a political lightweight and his performance last night showed that when the going got tough he didn't...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonights Question Time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.