13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
April 14, 2024, 8:39am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,781
Gold Stars: 226
What on Earth is going on at Colchester? This season they brought in the Cowleys who won’t have been cheap, and they are still hovering over the drop zone. Despite the £38 million accumulated losses they still have a pretty poor team that one assumes will be total overhauled in the summer at yet more cost.

One has to ask what the point is?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 127
Alan Buckley
April 14, 2024, 8:40am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Approval: -260
Gold Stars: 5
I think it’s fair to say that bother Rodgers and mullarkey aren’t as bad as they looked/seemed during that awful patch so I think they both merit keeping but bringing in a replacement for Maher.
I’d try to keep Hume if we’re intending on playing wingbacks next season but feel we could do better if it’s a left back we are looking at.
An experienced keeper is almost the most important position we need to get right next season.
More technical ability in midfield is an absolute must and in my opinion ruthless decisions need to be made on Clifton and Gav if we are going to improve.
I actually don’t mind Artell and would like to see what he could do with a summer transfer window with his own players but what I’ve been told is it’s either rose or artell and very unlikely to be both I know which one I’d rather see stay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 127
toontown
April 14, 2024, 8:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Alan Buckley
I think it’s fair to say that bother Rodgers and mullarkey aren’t as bad as they looked/seemed during that awful patch so I think they both merit keeping but bringing in a replacement for Maher.
I’d try to keep Hume if we’re intending on playing wingbacks next season but feel we could do better if it’s a left back we are looking at.
An experienced keeper is almost the most important position we need to get right next season.
More technical ability in midfield is an absolute must and in my opinion ruthless decisions need to be made on Clifton and Gav if we are going to improve.
I actually don’t mind Artell and would like to see what he could do with a summer transfer window with his own players but what I’ve been told is it’s either rose or artell and very unlikely to be both I know which one I’d rather see stay.

But Artell said rose had said we are so much better at playing out from the back now boss lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 127
Alan Buckley
April 14, 2024, 8:52am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Approval: -260
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from toontown

But Artell said rose had said we are so much better at playing out from the back now boss lol

😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 127
grimps
April 14, 2024, 8:58am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Mappers
Tweet 1779056627695456294 will appear here...

An interesting breakdown of how much money is being thrown around even at league 2 level .

Pardon my ignorance , is retained earnings meaning debt ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 127
Mappers
April 14, 2024, 9:29am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,394
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from grimps

Yes

Although a lot of it is directors loans .

Colchester for example i know it's debt owing to the owners business and their fans think it's all well and good ; it is providing his business continues to do relatively well but if it has a bad year they would be in a big mess you would have thought .

It's certainly better to carry a small debt rather than the large one's we see from other clubs - we are in a great position off the pitch which will be made even stronger when it's written off .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 127
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 14, 2024, 10:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Alan Buckley
I
but what I’ve been told is it’s either rose or artell and very unlikely to be both I know which one I’d rather see stay.

Where has this come from? First I’ve heard of it.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 127
Swansea_Mariner
April 14, 2024, 10:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
What's the deal with Doncaster as that looks bleak for them.

On the flipside Steve Evans has done an astonishing job at Stevenage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 127
DB
April 14, 2024, 10:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
JS & AP talked of a steep learning curve when they took over.
1st Season Promoted.
2nd Season mid table & FA Cup run.
3rd Season relegation struggle.

Hopefully, by now they have learnt and will now know a bit more about running a football club.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 127
Zmariner
April 14, 2024, 10:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from grimps

It is accumulated profits/losses since the company was formed
Utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Never in this mess again

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.