grimps
March 22, 2024, 1:37pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,130
Gold Stars: 46

I struggle to see why it's woke. Is it because the Mail and/or Express say it is?

I’m not sure if it’s woke or not but I doubt Nike or any other countries FA would mess around with their nations flags .

Let’s be honest the St George’s flag has always been hated by many on the Left for some reason and football fans waving it have often been sneered at for doing so.

Let’s hope they’re hit in the pocket and people refuse to buy it , and if nothing else they refuse to do so for the rip off price they’re charging
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 22, 2024, 2:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,276
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from grimps

I’m not sure if it’s woke or not but I doubt Nike or any other countries FA would mess around with their nations flags .

Let’s be honest the St George’s flag has always been hated by many on the Left for some reason and football fans waving it have often been sneered at for doing so.

Let’s hope they’re hit in the pocket and people refuse to buy it , and if nothing else they refuse to do so for the rip off price they’re charging

Is St George's flag hated by the left? I'm as woke as f*ck and pretty left leaning but I'm not really aware of a hatred of it. What we do hate is how it and the Union Jack have been appropriated by the right as symbols of right wing politics, nationalism, 'national pride' and racism.

I got a red cross or 2 for asking why the Nike cross is woke and I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why it is - I would get it if it was rainbow coloured or the colours of the Palestinian flag or (say) Rastafarian colours, but it's blue, red and a sort of purpley colour.

And for the record, I don't like it. The St George's cross is red on a white background.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 22, 2024, 2:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,276
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Poojah

*GrimPol nodding fervently in agreement with the bloke on front cover, as he stares angrily at the transmission*

If that's the transmission it explains why my car sounds like a tin box full of spanners on a cobbled road since I asked you to take a look at it!

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
rancido
March 22, 2024, 2:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,570
Gold Stars: 96

Is St George's flag hated by the left? I'm as woke as f*ck and pretty left leaning but I'm not really aware of a hatred of it. What we do hate is how it and the Union Jack have been appropriated by the right as symbols of right wing politics, nationalism, 'national pride' and racism.

I got a red cross or 2 for asking why the Nike cross is woke and I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why it is - I would get it if it was rainbow coloured or the colours of the Palestinian flag or (say) Rastafarian colours, but it's blue, red and a sort of purpley colour.

And for the record, I don't like it. The St George's cross is red on a white background.

Flags of all nations are appropriated by the extreme factions of the counties they represent.
You only have to see the repeated burning of flags in protest of the countries they represent. Plus you only have to see the Palestine flag getting waved on every pillar and post.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 22, 2024, 2:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 554
Like a prawn cocktail in a Michelin Star restaurant, Nike have essentially deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger.

They have fentified the flag, for better, for worse.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
mimma
March 22, 2024, 2:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Would Nike do the same to the stars and stripes on the US team shirt and expect to get away with it? Does the FA have any say in the design before it is released?
American companies should respect the national flag of England not cynical alter it. It is sacrosanct
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
OddShapedBalls
March 22, 2024, 4:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
Why are we blaming Nike?  The FA signed it off, Nike will have just come up with some suggestions and the suits have gone 'yep, we'll take the one that's the wrong colour please'.  Even if they did think that obscure reference was a good idea (the training kit??? I mean, come on...) it's so obscure that I'm pretty sure stitching 1966 into the cross would have helped sell it, and/or selling an iron-on red cross for an extra £2 same way they'll want more money for numbers and names etc.    Its the morons in charge of the game who did this.

In Germany they are all up in arms because their next shirt deal has been awarded to Nike, basically because Nike are willing to pay double what Adidas are.   Seems like someone has it in for Nike at the moment!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
chaos33
March 22, 2024, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,936
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Poojah

*GrimPol nodding fervently in agreement with the bloke on front cover, as he stares angrily at the transmission*

…thinking…..‘I need to get that book. Then get some help reading it’.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
wigworld
March 22, 2024, 6:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
At least they didn't put 1878 in the middle of the flag. People would be really upset then.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 45
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 6:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Chrisblor

Hi GrimPol, just wondering what you think about the branding on this appropriately named loaf of bread. Has hovis also fallen to the vile saint woke? many thanks

Hi Chrisblor, its some prat trying to sell cotton wool masquerading as bread for THICK people, as it says on the package. I assume your wife has stocked up for you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Jasons latest in the Guardian

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.