Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › You’re not fit to wear the shirt !!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

You’re not fit to wear the shirt !!!

This thread currently has 2,928 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
tashee69
February 17, 2024, 4:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +955
Gold Stars: 23
Disgraceful!! Enough said

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Yoda
February 17, 2024, 6:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
I would release all of them bar Rose how have we assembled so many idiots on one place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
marinerdazza
February 17, 2024, 7:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,856
Gold Stars: 82
Vernam had them on their arses for 20 minutes after the penalty. They were sh1tting themselves everytime he got the ball in that period. How long ago that seems now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
male private Nale
February 17, 2024, 8:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from marinerdazza
Vernam had them on their arses for 20 minutes after the penalty. They were sh1tting themselves everytime he got the ball in that period. How long ago that seems now.

YeH and true to form he goes missing as the game progresses. He is with us for a reason.

They are all shite bar rose, and he can’t wait to exit stage left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
marinerdazza
February 17, 2024, 8:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
He’s not fully match fit is he. Hence the substitution.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
marinerdazza
February 17, 2024, 8:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Oh, just replied without seeing who I was replying to.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Yoda
February 18, 2024, 2:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
If we lose to FGR it could get very nasty in the ground.
And i think we will lose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
fishcake63
February 18, 2024, 4:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
He wont see the the fgr game he will be gone before morecombe or at 5 o clock straight after that game because even the most optimistic amongst us realise we wont get anything , problem is jason seems to be backing his man so watch this space
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
The Caterham Mariner
February 18, 2024, 5:13pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Yoda

KAISER CHIEFS .....???
I PREDICT A RIOT.
Springs to mind!!

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
LH
February 18, 2024, 5:24pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
The FGR match being so soon is the main reason I can’t understand JS’s stick with Artell strategy. It’s a must win regardless of what happens between now and then. It’ll be toxic if we started like we did yesterday but I can see it being tense even before the game starts. There’s potential for new manager bounce even if SP and BD are in charge.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
pen penfras
February 18, 2024, 5:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Quoted from LH
The FGR match being so soon is the main reason I can’t understand JS’s stick with Artell strategy. It’s a must win regardless of what happens between now and then. It’ll be toxic if we started like we did yesterday but I can see it being tense even before the game starts. There’s potential for new manager bounce even if SP and BD are in charge.

FGR have won once since October. A draw would be fine, they're not going to start winning every week now. There's an air of resignation that we'll go down, but they've been even worse than us all season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 5:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,925
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from LH

There is a scenario that could see Forest Green go above us if they beat us on March 2nd as they also play on the Tuesday before. I would not be surprised to see that happen.

Given the fragile mentality of our players, if we fall into the bottom two there is no way that we are getting out of it. The momentum will be with FGR under their new manager whilst we’re in dire straits.

That’s why it’s so important for the owners to act now. But seemingly they’ve attached our fate to Artell, which is a massive mistake.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
LH
February 18, 2024, 5:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from pen penfras

FGR have won once since October. A draw would be fine, they're not going to start winning every week now. There's an air of resignation that we'll go down, but they've been even worse than us all season.

We’ll revisit this in a couple of weeks. I have absolutely no faith in the current manager to get a tune out of the team that would even earn us a point. A draw I don’t think is good enough given we’ve got four of the current top 7 to play in our last 15 games. The FGR and Sutton games are two must win games.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,925
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from pen penfras

They’ve got rid of the equivalent of our useless manager in Troy Deeney and appointed someone credible in Steve Cotterill. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them put a run together that keeps them up - their performances have improved markedly apparently.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 5:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
It would be so GTFC to lose our league status yet again to Forest effing Green.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
Poojah
February 18, 2024, 5:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from pen penfras

Yes, but most of that form came under the stewardship of a Greek mythological creature and a man with the IQ of a half-eaten cheeseburger and the EQ of a chicken nugget. They now have a proper manager.

Losing to them at BP would naturally bring them 3 points closer to us, and that’s going to be a very uncomfortable place to be.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
fishboyUTM
February 18, 2024, 6:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from male private Nale

YeH and true to form he goes missing as the game progresses. He is with us for a reason.

They are all shite bar rose, and he can’t wait to exit stage left

He did no such thing. He plays wide right and the ball wasn't given to him. He was clearly our most creative player and looked dangerous every time he was on the ball, so we barely got the ball down his side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
chaos33
February 18, 2024, 6:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I agree. He didn’t fade so much as his defensive teammates turned into custard and went 3-1 down swiftly and all too easily. He didn’t really see the ball in the second half. I thought the manager absolutely missed a trick in not finding a way to get him back in the game. When Artell hooked him I suspect Doncaster laughed almost as hard as they did when they watched their players waltz unopposed into our box time and again to score at will.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
exiledmeggie
February 18, 2024, 7:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -226
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Yoda

To be honest, Stale Mince has just had the second clear out of the back room in as many months!

I just hope we do wallop them, otherwise I think the skips can be ordered for Harrington St and the fire sale can begin.

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Norseman
February 18, 2024, 11:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
I wouldn't be surprised if  Dale Vince  invests in some very good higher level free agents over the next few weeks .He is willing to spend money I think
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
promotion plaice
February 18, 2024, 11:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

The last decent player we had was John McAtee and he wouldn't have accepted the way the current squad are rolling over and losing.

I pretty much can't connect to the rest of them since if I'm honest except for possibly Rose.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
dapperz fun pub
February 19, 2024, 6:41am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Quoted from promotion plaice

The last decent player we had was John McAtee and he wouldn't have accepted the way the current squad are rolling over and losing.

I pretty much can't connect to the rest of them since if I'm honest except for possibly Rose.

I can’t either but when players appear to be pulling out of tackles I’m starting to dislike them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › You’re not fit to wear the shirt !!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.