Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: tashee69, February 17, 2024, 4:47pm
Disgraceful!! Enough said
Posted by: Yoda, February 17, 2024, 6:01pm; Reply: 1
I would release all of them bar Rose how have we assembled so many idiots on one place.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), February 17, 2024, 7:48pm; Reply: 2
Vernam had them on their arses for 20 minutes after the penalty. They were sh1tting themselves everytime he got the ball in that period. How long ago that seems now.
Posted by: male private Nale, February 17, 2024, 8:30pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from 140381
Vernam had them on their arses for 20 minutes after the penalty. They were sh1tting themselves everytime he got the ball in that period. How long ago that seems now.

YeH and true to form he goes missing as the game progresses. He is with us for a reason.

They are all shite bar rose, and he can’t wait to exit stage left
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), February 17, 2024, 8:31pm; Reply: 4
He’s not fully match fit is he. Hence the substitution.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), February 17, 2024, 8:32pm; Reply: 5
Oh, just replied without seeing who I was replying to.  8)
Posted by: Yoda, February 18, 2024, 2:15pm; Reply: 6
If we lose to FGR it could get very nasty in the ground.
And i think we will lose.
Posted by: fishcake63, February 18, 2024, 4:13pm; Reply: 7
He wont see the the fgr game he will be gone before morecombe or at 5 o clock straight after that game because even the most optimistic amongst us realise we wont get anything , problem is jason seems to be backing his man so watch this space
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, February 18, 2024, 5:13pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Yoda

KAISER CHIEFS .....???
I PREDICT A RIOT.
Springs to mind!!

Posted by: LH, February 18, 2024, 5:24pm; Reply: 9
The FGR match being so soon is the main reason I can’t understand JS’s stick with Artell strategy. It’s a must win regardless of what happens between now and then. It’ll be toxic if we started like we did yesterday but I can see it being tense even before the game starts. There’s potential for new manager bounce even if SP and BD are in charge.
Posted by: pen penfras, February 18, 2024, 5:29pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LH
The FGR match being so soon is the main reason I can’t understand JS’s stick with Artell strategy. It’s a must win regardless of what happens between now and then. It’ll be toxic if we started like we did yesterday but I can see it being tense even before the game starts. There’s potential for new manager bounce even if SP and BD are in charge.

FGR have won once since October. A draw would be fine, they're not going to start winning every week now. There's an air of resignation that we'll go down, but they've been even worse than us all season.
Posted by: davmariner, February 18, 2024, 5:35pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from LH

There is a scenario that could see Forest Green go above us if they beat us on March 2nd as they also play on the Tuesday before. I would not be surprised to see that happen.

Given the fragile mentality of our players, if we fall into the bottom two there is no way that we are getting out of it. The momentum will be with FGR under their new manager whilst we’re in dire straits.

That’s why it’s so important for the owners to act now. But seemingly they’ve attached our fate to Artell, which is a massive mistake.
Posted by: LH, February 18, 2024, 5:38pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from pen penfras

FGR have won once since October. A draw would be fine, they're not going to start winning every week now. There's an air of resignation that we'll go down, but they've been even worse than us all season.

We’ll revisit this in a couple of weeks. I have absolutely no faith in the current manager to get a tune out of the team that would even earn us a point. A draw I don’t think is good enough given we’ve got four of the current top 7 to play in our last 15 games. The FGR and Sutton games are two must win games.
Posted by: davmariner, February 18, 2024, 5:38pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from pen penfras

They’ve got rid of the equivalent of our useless manager in Troy Deeney and appointed someone credible in Steve Cotterill. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them put a run together that keeps them up - their performances have improved markedly apparently.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 18, 2024, 5:46pm; Reply: 14
It would be so GTFC to lose our league status yet again to Forest effing Green.
Posted by: Poojah, February 18, 2024, 5:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from pen penfras

Yes, but most of that form came under the stewardship of a Greek mythological creature and a man with the IQ of a half-eaten cheeseburger and the EQ of a chicken nugget. They now have a proper manager.

Losing to them at BP would naturally bring them 3 points closer to us, and that’s going to be a very uncomfortable place to be.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, February 18, 2024, 6:29pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from male private Nale

YeH and true to form he goes missing as the game progresses. He is with us for a reason.

They are all shite bar rose, and he can’t wait to exit stage left

He did no such thing. He plays wide right and the ball wasn't given to him. He was clearly our most creative player and looked dangerous every time he was on the ball, so we barely got the ball down his side.
Posted by: chaos33, February 18, 2024, 6:36pm; Reply: 17
I agree. He didn’t fade so much as his defensive teammates turned into custard and went 3-1 down swiftly and all too easily. He didn’t really see the ball in the second half. I thought the manager absolutely missed a trick in not finding a way to get him back in the game. When Artell hooked him I suspect Doncaster laughed almost as hard as they did when they watched their players waltz unopposed into our box time and again to score at will.
Posted by: exiledmeggie, February 18, 2024, 7:13pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Yoda

To be honest, Stale Mince has just had the second clear out of the back room in as many months!

I just hope we do wallop them, otherwise I think the skips can be ordered for Harrington St and the fire sale can begin.
Posted by: Norseman, February 18, 2024, 11:33pm; Reply: 19
I wouldn't be surprised if  Dale Vince  invests in some very good higher level free agents over the next few weeks .He is willing to spend money I think
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 18, 2024, 11:51pm; Reply: 20

The last decent player we had was John McAtee and he wouldn't have accepted the way the current squad are rolling over and losing.

I pretty much can't connect to the rest of them since if I'm honest except for possibly Rose.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 19, 2024, 6:41am; Reply: 21
Quoted from promotion plaice

The last decent player we had was John McAtee and he wouldn't have accepted the way the current squad are rolling over and losing.

I pretty much can't connect to the rest of them since if I'm honest except for possibly Rose.

I can’t either but when players appear to be pulling out of tackles I’m starting to dislike them
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 8:52pm