Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Lincoln City

This thread currently has 31,977 views. Print
28 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
David Frazer
December 18, 2023, 8:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -455
Gold Stars: 4
One more thing re the second group of investors they looked at about 200 clubs in europe and realised we are different as 99% wanted there money and no involvement in running the club ! We make them bring there business skills etc to our club.

Keiran Maguire a football finance expert believes we are one of the best run clubs in this country ,so sorry if anybody thinks we are going to implode anytime soon.

I do worry about the losses as i was involved in the club when we nearly went bust @2000s however like everybody else i believe in our owners who wont let us down im 150% sure!

See you in league 1 next year or the year after ! ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 273
lew chaterleys lover
December 18, 2023, 8:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
What is Sincil Bank like nowadays? When we played there last it was an archetypal lower league ground,so it has not suddenly been transformed into the Amex has it?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 273
mariner91
December 18, 2023, 9:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from David Frazer
Thats above my head Poojah ,thats up the Imps.

We can easily match lincoln!?! Please tell me how ?
Your support is good ,no doubt there but your ground  is shite and lets be honest your infrastructure is also and wont change for many years .If you can knock 2/3 sides down and rebuild them then you will easily compete with us and our 10800 capacity and then you need income from boxes  etc etc.

Uti

We've obviously touched a nerve.

What good is your extra capacity  if you're not even close to filling it? Not been close to selling out the home end in the league this season despite being top half. Your attendances are down quite significantly on your last season in L2 and that's before taking into account that you're no doubt getting significantly higher average away attendances in L1 to compensate for some of the fans who have stopped going. What will happen when you have a legitimately bad season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 273
HatTrickHero
December 18, 2023, 9:21pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +778
Gold Stars: 25
There's really not much stopping Town from getting to League 1 and sustaining that level. Other smaller clubs are showing the way and gaining League 1 statis. And that's where Lincoln are pretty much stuck. A Lincoln supporting colleague of mine is a little dubious of the setup, Appleton and Kennedy were both very ready to move on, suggestions that Jez George and other staff are a little too powerful in the running of things.
I'd be more than happy if we get promotion obviously but I'd be immensely proud to achieve it under a board of Grimsby folk who are also ardent fans compared to a bunch of Americans and an Everton supporting Sth African.

Grimsby Town keeping it real.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 273
ginnywings
December 18, 2023, 9:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
It's hilarious being schooled by an Imp, because they have spent a couple of years in League 1.

Doesn't seem that long ago they would have struggled to fill one stand, and now they are the champions of Lincolnshire, that well known hot bed of massive footballing heritage.

Look at us, halfway up League 1. Take that Gy, Boston, Gainsborough and Scunny.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 273
Mappers
December 18, 2023, 9:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from mariner91

We've obviously touched a nerve.

What good is your extra capacity  if you're not even close to filling it? Not been close to selling out the home end in the league this season despite being top half. Your attendances are down quite significantly on your last season in L2 and that's before taking into account that you're no doubt getting significantly higher average away attendances in L1 to compensate for some of the fans who have stopped going. What will happen when you have a legitimately bad season?

Its only an extra 1500 seats more than BP  anyway you would think the range is Nou Camp V BP the way some of them are going on . They are not filling 2500 of them anyhow .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 273
HerveJosse
December 18, 2023, 10:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ginnywings
It's hilarious being schooled by an Imp, because they have spent a couple of years in League 1.

Doesn't seem that long ago they would have struggled to fill one stand, and now they are the champions of Lincolnshire, that well known hot bed of massive footballing heritage.

Look at us, halfway up League 1. Take that Gy, Boston, Gainsborough and Scunny.

So Lincoln should get back in in their box and stop showing any ambition . How predicable you are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 273
GibMariner
December 19, 2023, 2:37am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Stupid we turned our back on relocation. Chance won’t come again without a sugar daddy.

Interesting to hear AP stated in a podcast they were privy to the 10 year BP status report when buying the club.

You would have thought buying GTFC was a dream, according to the accounts it was sustainable, no profitable, with no outside debt and 800k in the bank. Few players on the books (a mangers dream). Playing assets soon to be sold for next to nowt. Relocation options, fish docks / freeman street. Fans backing.

Yet JS stated at the begining that BP had potential as the ground was not full every week and the club must be sustainable.

Sounds to me like the buyer was made aware and they should have a plan. Or at least I hope they do have one.

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 273
lew chaterleys lover
December 19, 2023, 8:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GibMariner
Stupid we turned our back on relocation. Chance won’t come again without a sugar daddy.

Interesting to hear AP stated in a podcast they were privy to the 10 year BP status report when buying the club.

You would have thought buying GTFC was a dream, according to the accounts it was sustainable, no profitable, with no outside debt and 800k in the bank. Few players on the books (a mangers dream). Playing assets soon to be sold for next to nowt. Relocation options, fish docks / freeman street. Fans backing.

Yet JS stated at the begining that BP had potential as the ground was not full every week and the club must be sustainable.

Sounds to me like the buyer was made aware and they should have a plan. Or at least I hope they do have one.

I suppose people felt "that boat has sailed" numerous times over the generations regarding various things, but the sun always comes up and undoubtedly there will be opportunities in the future for us to move/improve and take advantage of new situations as they arise.

We have to believe better days are ahead for the club to keep everyone motivated.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 273
Mappers
December 19, 2023, 9:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GibMariner

I'm not sure they were privvy to the 10 year audit , and if they were the amount of work required from it was a shock ; on the DN35 podcast interview that's the impression I got anyway . Is there another inteview with Pettit?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 273
28 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.