lukeo
May 27, 2023, 8:21am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I'll never forget any of the games.
Notts County I was sat in all star sports bar Taunton watching the big screen by myself. People looked at me weird when I celebrated but I didn't give a intercourse.
Wrexham game I was up in Grimsby for and apart from 1 belle's had a good atmosphere around me in the cricketers.
Solihull I was obviously at the game. Unbelievable atmosphere.
A season ill not forget in a very very long time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
Chalky
May 27, 2023, 9:36am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +518
Gold Stars: 21
It's a game that I will also remember but for all the wrong reasons,I was shocked coming out of the ground because I thought that we had done enough to go through to the next round on 90 mins after Rodrigues had scored but then the sucker punch on 96 mins shook me,then just when I thought that it was going to pens another sucker punch on the 119th min ended the game, truly amazing game no matter which side you was on but ice never felt so low coming out of a game knowing that we had another season in non league,for purley selfish reasons I wanted Wrexham to go up to give us a clear road to promotion this season but then you went and upset the applecart there as well and Grimsby got promoted,Notts had an epic following season going to toe with Wrexham and Grimsby went on a FA Cup to remember,what a couple of seasons they've been since we last met
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
RonMariner
May 27, 2023, 3:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,718
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Chalky
It's a game that I will also remember but for all the wrong reasons,I was shocked coming out of the ground because I thought that we had done enough to go through to the next round on 90 mins after Rodrigues had scored but then the sucker punch on 96 mins shook me,then just when I thought that it was going to pens another sucker punch on the 119th min ended the game, truly amazing game no matter which side you was on but ice never felt so low coming out of a game knowing that we had another season in non league,for purley selfish reasons I wanted Wrexham to go up to give us a clear road to promotion this season but then you went and upset the applecart there as well and Grimsby got promoted,Notts had an epic following season going to toe with Wrexham and Grimsby went on a FA Cup to remember,what a couple of seasons they've been since we last met

We know how you felt. We had three unsuccessful playoff campaigns during our previous stay in the NL. The worst one was when we were cheated out of the final against Bristol Rovers by the worst refereeing decision imaginable. You can read all about it on another thread. But we are both back in the EFL now, so we can look forward to some more epic clashes!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
RonMariner
May 27, 2023, 3:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
I remember sharing a bus ride to Blundell Park in the game late in the 2018 season with some of your fans when we won 2-1 with a last gasp goal from Matt. It meant we stayed up, but it kept you out of the playoffs. Anyway, they were thoroughly decent lads, they hoped we would stay up, though not by beating you obviously. Proper football fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
Maringer
May 27, 2023, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,538
Gold Stars: 185
Just praying the Notts County away game is on a Saturday. I've got mates in Notts and it would be a great chance for an away day (and night). Not had the chance to get to an away game for years, the play-off final aside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 48
LH
May 27, 2023, 8:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
The weekend before the play offs my mum had a ministroke. She was discharged the same day and given a blood pressure monitor. Towards the end of the 90 mins in the Wrexham game I did mine and found that my blood pressure was higher than hers was when the paramedics arrived to treat her!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
RonMariner
May 27, 2023, 9:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Still get goose bumps thinking about that game. I think I always will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
Mappers
May 27, 2023, 10:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Chalky

Your team play great football Chalky , must be a joy to watch . As a neutral I watched a few last season and it was much easier on the eye than the NL or League 2 , so don't expect the other teams to be playing such pure football because in the main it's anything but (including us )

It will be interesting to see how that translates to success and results , I imagine you will win a good few but also take some beatings as quite a few teams are good on the counter .

At least you will bring a good following to BP they will be counted on one hand if Stockport go up .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
Poojah
May 28, 2023, 8:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
Happy Wrexham day, everyone. The most incredible game I have ever attended, and almost certainly ever will.

https://youtu.be/YaKxMEWDzQ0

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
lukeo
May 28, 2023, 10:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
This time last year was the Wrexham game. My god I get tingles watching it still.

On another point,  what makes this forum really special is people like chalky who come on from other clubs and add excellent respectable posts.

Glad you've made it out of their alive fella.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A year ago today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.