April 18, 2023, 8:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from It Bites
Kouri needs hooking at half time

I thought he was out best player 1st half, though spoilt it by giving the ball away near the end
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 86
Kris2
April 18, 2023, 8:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Spidey

I thought he was out best player 1st half, though spoilt it by giving the ball away near the end

He's not actually a local lad, he's from London, you don't have to obsessively defend him when he plays poorly.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
Mappers
April 18, 2023, 8:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,506
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Not keen of singling out players but Green may well be competitive but he is technically weak and devoid of any real quality. We need so much more from a central midfielder and really he looks like League 2 is not his level.

Can't he just watch a few Stacy Caldicott videos - He was a similiar sort of player but improved to at least be able to play sidewards and sometimes forward passes ; in his later days he even scored a 20 yard side footer somehow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
Maringer
April 18, 2023, 8:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
Khouri has put in a few decent tackles but has given it away terribly in dangerous positions on a couple of occasions.

Playing into a strong swirling wind like this is always a nightmare so I'm hoping the passing will improve with the wind at our backs. The worry is that they've got a bit of pace in attack so we need to watch out for passes over the top which will hold up this half.

I don't think it has been nearly as poor as many on here seem to think so let's see how they cope with the wind in comparison.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 86
Spidey
April 18, 2023, 8:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Kris2

He's not actually a local lad, he's from London, you don't have to obsessively defend him when he plays poorly.

???
Are you getting me mixed up with someone else??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
CSLM
April 18, 2023, 8:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from CSLM

Interesting team.

Definitely feels more positive than the last few home games.
If we can improve our passing I think this could be good. Pretty big "if" though after watching some of our attempts this season.

Really hope Khan has a good game again, really think he could be a big player next season.

Oh dear.
Gotta give Hunt a go here surely, and Orsi.

I agree with the guy who said we are worse without Kiernan, we need some pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
forza ivano
April 18, 2023, 8:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,284
Gold Stars: 266
Think Khouri has been a real bright spot. Some good tackles, looks quick in thought and deed, although he did give a couple of passes away.
Glennon and Khan look our best bet for a breakthrough.
Emmanuel been very disappointing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 86
Rodley Mariner
April 18, 2023, 8:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Mappers

Can't he just watch a few Stacy Caldicott videos - He was a similiar sort of player but improved to at least be able to play sidewards and sometimes forward passes ; in his later days he even scored a 20 yard side footer somehow.

He played virtually his entire career in the second tier of English football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
Brummie Codfather
April 18, 2023, 8:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: +885
Gold Stars: 22
I didn’t think that was that bad, we’re trying to draw them out & Barrow are sitting in.  Could do with McAtee dropping a touch deeper to get more involved & passing the ball better as that’s been very iffy!

We’re the better side to my eye though, although I’d pay a pretty penny for Max to be able to kick as well as their keeper
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
DB
April 18, 2023, 8:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from forza ivano
Think Khouri has been a real bright spot. Some good tackles, looks quick in thought and deed, although he did give a couple of passes away.
Glennon and Khan look our best bet for a breakthrough.
Emmanuel been very disappointing

I agree with you, Emmanuel has been very poor by his high standard. They have had several attacks down our right and Emmanuel was saved by both Smith and Maher. His attacking seems to be awry at best.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Barrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.