jimgtfc
April 17, 2023, 3:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,104
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Heisenberg

Struggling to remember that, but didn’t we have an Inter Milan style Blue and Black stripe one once? I’m thinking the late Steve Robinson, for some reason…..

Attachment: ed1ab7ac170347a6910721c9e465447c_6874.jpeg
Size: 35.57 KB

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
April 17, 2023, 7:22pm
Guest User
Brown and purple hoops with pink sleeves, orange shorts, pink and purple hooped socks.

Then we wouldn't need a 3rd kit, and save ourselves some money (unless the above clashes with anybody).
Reply: 31 - 47
Bristol Mariner
April 17, 2023, 7:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
we should play in it at home

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
Heisenberg
April 17, 2023, 9:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm going to add to this, our owners talk about being sustainable and one way of achieving that is by renewing our shirts less frequently. I appreciate that shirt sales provide commercial income but you could still achieve a good proportion of that by releasing an away kit this summer and the home kit next summer for example.

I think what we do with kids designing the third kit is great, but could they not design the away kit instead, with the previous seasons away kit then becoming the third kit?

Whatever happens, this summer the existing home shirt needs binning and made miles better (no stupid, cheap dog collar). But keeping the blue kit for another season would be a step in the right direction.

1 or 2 new kits per season, but not all 3, would be a decent gesture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
RichMariner
April 18, 2023, 9:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,164
Gold Stars: 211
The original point in this thread was that an away kit that's blue doesn't get much of an airing because of the many teams in this division that have a blue home kit (hence why we've worn pink a lot).

Orient, Salford, Swindon, Walsall, Crewe, Crawley and (maybe) Donny's home kits have meant red couldn't be worn.

Stockport, Carlisle, Gillingham, Wimbledon, Colchester, Hartlepool, Rochdale and (maybe) Barrow & Tranmere have meant blue couldn't be worn.

The anomalies are Northampton (possibly red would clash), Sutton, Newport, Harrogate and Mansfield (yellow/orange would clash).

So, if you were starting from scratch and wanted the maximum opportunity to wear your away kit, what colour/style should it be?

A few clashes will be unavoidable. But a hi-viz style fuscia pink/purple with black shorts wouldn't clash with much    

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
April 18, 2023, 9:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from RichMariner
The original point in this thread was that an away kit that's blue doesn't get much of an airing because of the many teams in this division that have a blue home kit (hence why we've worn pink a lot).

Orient, Salford, Swindon, Walsall, Crewe, Crawley and (maybe) Donny's home kits have meant red couldn't be worn.

Stockport, Carlisle, Gillingham, Wimbledon, Colchester, Hartlepool, Rochdale and (maybe) Barrow & Tranmere have meant blue couldn't be worn.

The anomalies are Northampton (possibly red would clash), Sutton, Newport, Harrogate and Mansfield (yellow/orange would clash).

So, if you were starting from scratch and wanted the maximum opportunity to wear your away kit, what colour/style should it be?

A few clashes will be unavoidable. But a hi-viz style fuscia pink/purple with black shorts wouldn't clash with much    

Just play in black-and-white stripes unless there really is a clash.

The away shirts are a fashion thing but I don't see why we wear them so often.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
Wedidntdidwe
April 19, 2023, 1:02am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +380
Gold Stars: 22
Could have a retro black and white away kit since we have a third kit anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
Abdul19
April 19, 2023, 1:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think the blue one became the third shirt in 97/98 too, with the red kit then only actual new kit as the club retained the home shirt from 96/97 too.

Can't imagine any club doing that now.

Not sure if it was officially the 3rd shirt, but we wore that white with a bit of red number at Bournemouth in 97/98.

https://twitter.com/onthisGTFCday/status/1574655919228702720?t=aQQgvOSKf4bTOg66YaLSeA&s=19

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
aldi_01
April 19, 2023, 7:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Wasn’t that white shirt like a limited edition thing? Was never officially part of the original kits I think. Didn’t we wear at Bradford or have it made because all of our kits clashed at some sort of game?

It’s extremely sought after among shirt collectors, I definitely know there wasn’t many in the shop to buy…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
Heisenberg
April 19, 2023, 7:22am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from RichMariner

I’m telling you, a green away shirt is the answer!

Forget superstition, with our current sponsor and the future direction of industry in the region, green would be a symbol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next season's away shirt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.