Poojah
April 20, 2023, 9:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,883
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from Abdul19

I was talking about this general point the other day and came to the conclusion that people just looked older back then!

It’s quite an interesting concept, actually. Those footballers a couple of minutes in are impressively young for their respective appearances at the time.

https://youtu.be/vjqt8T3tJIE

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
RonMariner
April 21, 2023, 10:48am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,864
Gold Stars: 231
Unforgettable life enriching moments. The club have given us several, including a few in the last 12 months!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
FishOutOfWater
April 21, 2023, 10:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Was at both games...

Got a bit emotional when the golden goal went in thinking about my dad who'd followed Town and got me in to supporting the club as a kid

He'd passed away 10 years earlier and though he was at the Old Trafford record attendance SF would never see Town play at Wembley

The morning of the Northampton game I found out I was going to be a dad again. The boy is stlll accompanying me now as a Pontoon ST holder, even though his only connection with Grimsby is through our family's black & white blood

So my eldest daughter came with me for a trip to Wembley (her first game, just 4 years old then) but I was way too nervous in the stadium to enjoy the game with such high stakes... but we did it!!

The journey back home ( I lived near Rushden ) though I really enjoyed.... going back to Northamptonshire knowing I'd had such an eventful day while everyone else in the county had had their bubble burst made it all the sweeter

UTM ATAW GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 56
Poojah
April 21, 2023, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,883
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Was at both games...

Got a bit emotional when the golden goal went in thinking about my dad who'd followed Town and got me in to supporting the club as a kid

He'd passed away 10 years earlier and though he was at the Old Trafford record attendance SF would never see Town play at Wembley

The morning of the Northampton game I found out I was going to be a dad again. The boy is stlll accompanying me now as a Pontoon ST holder, even though his only connection with Grimsby is through our family's black & white blood

So my eldest daughter came with me for a trip to Wembley (her first game, just 4 years old then) but I was way too nervous in the stadium to enjoy the game with such high stakes... but we did it!!

The journey back home ( I lived near Rushden ) though I really enjoyed.... going back to Northamptonshire knowing I'd had such an eventful day while everyone else in the county had had their bubble burst made it all the sweeter

UTM ATAW GTID

Can feel the emotion in that post, mate. Beautiful.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
FishOutOfWater
April 21, 2023, 11:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Can feel the emotion in that post, mate. Beautiful.

Cheers Poojah

This club eh? Along with my kids, it means the world to me  

πŸ–€πŸ€πŸ–€
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 56
Son of Cod
April 21, 2023, 11:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
So who is else is wrestling with the prospect of paying Β£9 (plus delivery) for a pair of Wayne Burnett socks?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
FishOutOfWater
April 21, 2023, 12:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod
So who is else is wrestling with the prospect of paying Β£9 (plus delivery) for a pair of Wayne Burnett socks?

I'm relieved it's that price for a pair and not just the one sock!  πŸ˜‰
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 25 years ago

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.