Kris2
March 25, 2023, 5:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from immariner
Another perfect exercise in how not to beat a mediocre side at home. Utterly frustrating

Started so well but after we scored and they started playing we were always second best. Seemed to have nothing new, kept trying the same stuff over and over. In some cases unlucky but I don't think we were the better team after the first 30 minutes.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 97
pen penfras
March 25, 2023, 5:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from lukeo
How the intercourse Taylor gets in the team I never know.
Last season yes he did well and what a header at Wrexham. But he's done absolutely nothing since coming back from injury

Probably because we played 4 months without him and were absolutely shite for 90% of it. He doesn't seem like he does much, but the battling up front means there's a second ball to play for rather than the defence winning everything when we go long. You must have noticed how much better we've played since he came back in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 97
Mappers
March 25, 2023, 5:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,506
Gold Stars: 120
Didnt think it was too bad again the last few league gamex have been better fair ,at least we dont look scare to reain 'us shape' the whole game , on the flip side it makes us look more vunerable and better teams would punish us .

Thought Morris had a really good game MOTM for me and Green was decent to .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 97
Badger57
March 25, 2023, 5:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,922
Gold Stars: 30
urine poor second half. Never looked liked scoring. McAtee makes so many bad choices although maybe his errors look worse because if they come off they look like genius. I think perhaps he thinks he's better than he really is. Lack of subs from Hurst. They might have made a difference. Draw a fair result with season petering out to nothingness. In a way that actually makes a nice change to be stress free at the tail end of a campaign. Bryn Morris MOM. Well done lad, a kick in the mouth for the boo boys!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 97
Mayaman
March 25, 2023, 5:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Badger57
urine poor second half. Never looked liked scoring. McAtee makes so many bad choices although maybe his errors look worse because if they come off they look like genius. I think perhaps he thinks he's better than he really is. Lack of subs from Hurst. They might have made a difference. Draw a fair result with season petering out to nothingness. In a way that actually makes a nice change to be stress free at the tail end of a campaign. Bryn Morris MOM. Well done lad, a kick in the mouth for the boo boys!

The Dunning Kruger effect at play with McAtee for sure. If he reins it in a bit and sticks to the simple stuff then try the classy stuff once in a while it, he will do wonders. Morris MOTM by a mile.  Pinged some lovely long cross field balls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 97
Quagmire
March 25, 2023, 5:11pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Typical Paul Hurst

Play well, score, sit back and concede

What was the point in the Khan sub 5 minutes before the end?

Beyond frustrating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 97
TAGG
March 25, 2023, 5:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Never been so frustrated at any game for a long while.
Will have to slag Hurst for the first time this season, should have had Hunt and Clifton on in the midfield for the last 15 as Green and Morris had run themselves into the ground.
Needed more up front from the 50th min.
Hursts, excrement game management today.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 97
kafunanapar140909
March 25, 2023, 5:26pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Across this season Hurst has generally been good using his subs. I assume our ridiculous schedule is in his thinking for not brining on more bodies today. I expect to see some rotation come Crawley. If not I'd be asking some questions - Morris and Green (both excellent today IMO) were shattered in those last 10 mins.

I hope JT asks him about this but my expectation is he'll bottle the question.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 97
DB
March 25, 2023, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from TAGG
Never been so frustrated at any game for a long while.
Will have to slag Hurst for the first time this season, should have had Hunt and Clifton on in the midfield for the last 15 as Green and Morris had run themselves into the ground.
Needed more up front from the 50th min.
Hursts, excrement game management today.

Normally I would agree with you, but our games are coming thick and fast. The last game was Wednesday and the next one is Crawley away on Tuesday. There were no injuries stated from Wednesday and Glennon and Holohan didn't make the squad.

Play, a day off, prepare, play and repeat. A relentless cycle for the next few weeks, so players need a rest to recover. They may be athletes but not machines.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 97
fishboyUTM
March 25, 2023, 5:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Mayaman
Whatever happened to Sean Scannel?

He's a cuddly mascot now on the players payroll. That and we don't play wingers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Walsall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.