Poojah
March 15, 2023, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,902
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from jamesgtfc

For the Palace game I was fortunate enough to be in the press box with a poor view of the pitch and the town fans opposite. I could hear you all but couldn't see.

The way all of their fans stayed behind, waited for our players and clapped them off the pitch was a spine tingling moment.

I thought Palace fans were a good bunch, generally.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllanOgle/status/1081635951124860928

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
HertsGTFC
March 15, 2023, 11:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,020
Gold Stars: 232
12 months ago we where still unsure whether we’d scrape the play offs and I suspect quite a few of the starters at Brighton on Sunday have worked their nuts off to take us on this journey.

If it ends Sunday like I think in reality it will the squad and staff deserve all the plaudits they’ll surely get from our fantastic support.

Despite some consistent detractors some of whom bizarrely pedal their negativity across social media rather than a seat at a game this club is unified in safe hands and moving forward, days like Sunday are a fitting reward for a club where everyone is on the same page.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
lukeo
March 15, 2023, 12:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from nedsnags
Having supported Town for nearly 60years through thick and thin and been to hundreds of games home and away.The last 12 months have just been incredible.The never say die attitude and f—k you were from Grimsby shown by the players and supporters alike makes me proud to say I’m a Grimsby Town supporter.Come Sunday when Luke leads the players out I’m sure I will have a lump in my throat and a tears in my eyes.Whatever the result  they have done us proud and achieved something that will probably never be repeated.Thanks for the memories Up The Mariners Forever.

100% this. I also beg every single Mariner at the game, no matter what. Whether we're winning, drawing, losing or making absolute howlers. Stay behind the boys and do what we did at St Mary's and show the world how amazing we are. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
OddShapedBalls
March 15, 2023, 12:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from nedsnags
Having supported Town for nearly 60years through thick and thin and been to hundreds of games home and away.The last 12 months have just been incredible.The never say die attitude and f—k you were from Grimsby shown by the players and supporters alike makes me proud to say I’m a Grimsby Town supporter.Come Sunday when Luke leads the players out I’m sure I will have a lump in my throat and a tears in my eyes.Whatever the result  they have done us proud and achieved something that will probably never be repeated.Thanks for the memories Up The Mariners Forever.

This calls for a t-shirt, possibly 'p!ss on you, I'm working for Paul Hurst'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
LH
March 15, 2023, 1:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Paul Hurst’s black and white army for the last ten mins regardless of score - we did it to get them over the line at West Ham.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
FishOutOfWater
March 15, 2023, 2:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from crusty ole pie
It’s games like Sunday when I look to sky and say Thankyou dad for making me a mariner 60 years ago x

Today would have been my dad's birthday and our current run has had my head all over the place thinking about what he would have made of our current situation

He got me in to supporting Town and while I never saw them play at the level he did ( he was at that Old Trafford semi final ) he instilled one thing in me....

Grimsby Til I Die..... and maybe beyond in a Black & White heaven 🖤🤍🖤
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 38
Bignic69
March 15, 2023, 2:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Great post. Hopefully we'll pull off one of the biggest shocks in cup history but if not and if we get a pasting then I hope everyone can still feel proud and make it loud and clear throughout. We're in an FA Cup quarter final and whatever happens on Sunday that's an amazing achievement that needs to be celebrated and enjoyed.

This.
Need to sing and cheer from start to finish, which I’m sure we will do. In this instance we have no right to get on the players’ backs. It’s gonna be tough but we’re from Grimsby who the intercourse are you.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
Mariner John
March 15, 2023, 2:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +633
Gold Stars: 54
Sometimes, just sometimes dreams come true. Could we, I mean it's 90 minutes. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
cmackenzie4
March 15, 2023, 4:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Today would have been my dad's birthday and our current run has had my head all over the place thinking about what he would have made of our current situation

He got me in to supporting Town and while I never saw them play at the level he did ( he was at that Old Trafford semi final ) he instilled one thing in me....

Grimsby Til I Die..... and maybe beyond in a Black & White heaven 🖤🤍🖤

Brilliant that Tim 👌  that post got a gold star from me mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
lukeo
March 15, 2023, 4:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
Harry Haddock ✔️
Black-and-white balloons ✔️
Beach ball ✔️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pride

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.