Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 299 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 6,990 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 7, 2023, 10:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
From another atrocious game of "football".

We'll be happier with the point as they were the better side. The difference being that they weren't that clinical and we scored from a moment of magic from McAtee. Their goal was a carbon copy of the one we conceded at Southampton and another unmarked player scores against us, which happens with alarming regularity.

I don't know what our players do in training, but it isn't controlling the ball and passing to a team mate. We can't string together enough passes to put together an attacking move more than a handful of times in a game and we constantly give the ball back to the opposition.

Lloyd ran his nuts off and got nothing from the ref again, but the rest were mediocre. The best player on the pitch was their No2 Norman.

Fed up of going to BP and watching such poor fare game after game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
March 7, 2023, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
At risk of upsetting a few, I can’t honestly see what Holohan brings to the team. His first four passes lost possession. Emmanuel had his worst game for the club and yet, but for one dreadful piece of marking (same culprit), we’d have got three points.

Obviously McAtee MoM for the one bit of quality in the game.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 76
Mariner93er
March 7, 2023, 10:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Not sure anyone comes out of that with much praise. Our first thought, even when not under pressure, seemed to be to just lump it forward, half of the time blind. At the beginning of the season, we were actually playing some good passing football, now we can't string 3 passes together.

Strangely, Smith improved us when he came on and made more passes and was more progressive than anyone else.

Unfortunately Efete was at fault for their goal, as he was for Southampton's, which is pretty poor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 76
Mariner_501
March 7, 2023, 10:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
After finally watching an entertaining game against Northampton it’s back to same old at home. Just utter rubbish, could hardly string two passes together. A great goal from McAtee was the only positive point of the evening, although I guess we didn’t lose.

I’m not one to usually moan about the referee but although there was no big decisions I can’t recall a decision going in towns favour. Worst of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 76
Madeleymariner
March 7, 2023, 10:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
The Southampton goal Efete sees the danger late tries to get to the back post but Waterfall literally pushes him the other way as he turned, watch it on slowmo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 76
MuddyWaters
March 7, 2023, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mariner_501
After finally watching an entertaining game against Northampton it’s back to same old at home. Just utter rubbish, could hardly string two passes together. A great goal from McAtee was the only positive point of the evening, although I guess we didn’t lose.

I’m not one to usually moan about the referee but although there was no big decisions I can’t recall a decision going in towns favour. Worst of the season.

With the best will in the world, the ref was a long way from the worst this season.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 76
immariner
March 7, 2023, 10:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from ginnywings
From another atrocious game of "football".

We'll be happier with the point as they were the better side. The difference being that they weren't that clinical and we scored from a moment of magic from McAtee. Their goal was a carbon copy of the one we conceded at Southampton and another unmarked player scores against us, which happens with alarming regularity.

I don't know what our players do in training, but it isn't controlling the ball and passing to a team mate. We can't string together enough passes to put together an attacking move more than a handful of times in a game and we constantly give the ball back to the opposition.

Lloyd ran his nuts off and got nothing from the ref again, but the rest were mediocre. The best player on the pitch was their No2 Norman.

Fed up of going to BP and watching such poor fare game after game.

Agree with all that and regards Norman, if he played like that most weeks, would love him here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 76
Hagrid
March 7, 2023, 10:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Poor as per at home

Queuing for tickets is a farce in this weather

As if folk think we’re worse without Mcatee…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 76
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
March 7, 2023, 10:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
I’ve never seen the ball in the air so much in 40 odd years of watching town, they simply can’t be bothered to take a touch and look for a pass. FairPlay to Macca and Lloyd who kept plugging away

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 76
sydney
March 7, 2023, 10:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Dreadful
We will be in big trouble if we give the ball away as much at Brighton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 76
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.