Mayaman
March 2, 2023, 11:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from 800

What I love about results like this is the fact that people obviously think about you in particular when they hear the Grimsby score. I got messages from Bees fans during and after the game-everyone wanted us to win. Then there is the Aldershot fan who I've kept in touch with for years, plenty of Donny supporters and a Man Utd fan who lives in the US who I met on the way to an Altrincham game one Sunday about sixteen years ago. The latter is a proud owner of a Town shirt and wears it frequently. He collects football jerseys. Also Mansfield, Hull, Orient, Bradford, Northampton, many Portsmouth and my friends at Harworth Colliery FC among many others, not forgetting Luton. Even Spurs fans gutted at their own defeat.  Its so nice that they are genuinely pleased for you.

One of the best was 'F******* brilliant. UTFM' from a Donny Rovers fan!

When I was working at Heathrow, my friends and colleagues who worked on a Saturday used to look at the Town score between flights knowing I'd be working the next day and a conversation about our game would always be struck. Town's score was apparently the one most sought after!

Yeah, same here - from what I can remember Crewe, Arsenal and Rochdale, Pompey, Blades, Bognor!, Shamrock Rovers and a bloke who doesn't like football, yet I think he stayed up to congratulate me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
mimma
March 2, 2023, 11:58am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Southampton city centre was a mass of black and white, hardly saw any red and white. You would have thought we were the home side and the Saints were the away side. 20 minute walk to St. Mary's all you could hear was "Mariners, Mariners" all the way.

It's days like this that is payback for all the years we have suffered but never stopped believing.

See you all at Brighton!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
lukeo
March 2, 2023, 12:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,412
Gold Stars: 149
Had several work colleagues message me saying all they could hear was the grimsby fans. Year 6 lad who's a massive Liverpool fan ran around to find me this morning to say how unbelievable our fans are!
Also got a message from my auntie in Australia, apparently we was mentioned prime time news down under!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
ska face
March 2, 2023, 12:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Mate’s a Sheff Utd fan & apparently our score got a big cheer when it was announced at Brammall Lane.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
immariner
March 2, 2023, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
That rendition of "when you play we follow" was absolute class. Must have gone on for close to 5 minutes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
forza ivano
March 2, 2023, 8:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
walked in my village local tonight in deepest North Bucks - congratulations from everyone , football fans and non football fans alike. think I must have early onset of hayfever as my eyes were stinging
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
LH
March 2, 2023, 8:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from immariner
That rendition of "when you play we follow" was absolute class. Must have gone on for close to 5 minutes

Carried on when they scored too. Among the best followings I’ve stood with I’d say if not the best - loud, proud, comedic and emotional all in fine balance.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
TAGG
March 2, 2023, 9:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
It was one of them times you just have to be there.
What an awesome night.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
March 3, 2023, 9:08am
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
walked in my village local tonight in deepest North Bucks - congratulations from everyone , football fans and non football fans alike. think I must have early onset of hayfever as my eyes were stinging

Got the same at Harworth Colliery FC last night.
Reply: 28 - 29
AndyDarloFC
March 3, 2023, 3:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Watched the game at home, and I was massively impressed with the support in terms of numbers and noise.

Outstanding from every single of you. Huge respect from me.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town fans tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.