Reply: 20 - 58
RonMariner
March 2, 2023, 8:29am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
Watching the three little highlight video clips on the BBC site this morning. Was checking to see if I dreamed the whole thing.

Tears of pride running down my cheeks watching them.

I am so proud of the team and the fans.

I love Grimsby Town. My team. My heroes. You enrich my life.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 58
March 2, 2023, 8:38am
Guest User
Quoted from RonMariner
Watching the three little highlight video clips on the BBC site this morning. Was checking to see if I dreamed the whole thing.

Tears of pride running down my cheeks watching them.

I am so proud of the team and the fans.

I love Grimsby Town. My team. My heroes. You enrich my life.    

Not quite back to planet Earth yet then, Ron!  

To be honest, you're probably better off where you are, anyway...
Reply: 22 - 58
GrimRob
March 2, 2023, 8:47am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 115
We turned up. They didn't. 15 quid practically nothing for a top ground with a good atmosphere (from us). The God of Football had an easy decision who to favour. Brighton beware.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 58
March 2, 2023, 10:33am
Guest User
Fantastic performance from the whole team and those fantastic travelling fans.  Personally I would have given the MotM to Glennon, who I thought had his best ever game for Town, but that's only my opinion.  Onwards and Upwards!
Reply: 24 - 58
buckstown
March 2, 2023, 11:12am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
My dad took me to my first GTFC game a little over 60 years ago, since then there have been good times and bad. Last night was right up there as a one off night out. Yates was rocking before the game, the walk to the stadium, in the concourse area and then the match!
14 hours on and I still can't work out how we got away with it! I sat in between to other mature gentlemen and I think we all thought a thrombo was on the cards near the end. These boys fight for their lives when its backs to the wall and thankfully Saints were awful.
A lot of Saints fans blaming the ref but if a PL team can't beat an average L2 team it means they're rubbish and we were in the right place at the right time.
Watched the recording this morning and I still felt sick when the fourth official held up 6 minutes. As others have said, hats off to Ally McCoist who called it beautifully
Proud to be a mariner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
Hagrid
March 2, 2023, 11:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from 123614
Fantastic performance from the whole team and those fantastic travelling fans.  Personally I would have given the MotM to Glennon, who I thought had his best ever game for Town, but that's only my opinion.  Onwards and Upwards!

Luke Waterfall for me, closely followed by the 2 wing backs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 58
buckstown
March 2, 2023, 11:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
Thought it when I first saw him, but now he's getting a run of games Niall Maher is a proper footballer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 2, 2023, 11:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from LH
What have I just witnessed? Premier League players are where they are because they are absolutely determined athletes both physically and mentally. They battered us in the game if we’re quite honest. They were quicker on the ball, on their feet and recovered nearly every loose ball.  We managed to get two penalties, scored them and beat them and we’re in a quarter final for the first time in the modern era. After the last Cup tie subject to VAR I can’t quite believe we managed to get FOUR VAR decisions in our favour. I am in complete shock.

Up the quarter finalist Mariners!

I was at St Mary's....

I don't think they battered us. They had periods where they were clearly better than us and they battered us after the substitutions and scoring. But for a lot of the game it felt more even. We were clearly more determined and prepared to fight.

You could see the difference between L2 and Prem payers in the speed and accuracy of passing but they did it in flashes, not consistently.

I'm old enough to have seen us play Arsenal at Highbury and Chelsea with Vialli and Gullit in the teams - they were batterings. Gullit ran the game without breaking sweat and our lads didn't get near him. Last night was not like that at all, it felt more like Northampton a couple of weeks ago!

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 58
Hagrid
March 2, 2023, 11:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Some very bitter southern gits on Southamptons Forum

We were " absolutely flipping excrement" apparently, the ref bought into the Grimsby narrative and they should have had a penalty?

tossers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back.....to planet Earth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.