Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley Off / postponed  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 270 Guests

Crawley Off / postponed  (merged)

This thread currently has 4,151 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
January 24, 2023, 2:06pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Sussexmariner
I could be wrong but I believe I am the closest Mariner living nearest the Crawley Town ground (10 minute drive) and I can confirm even after a night of non freezing temperatures (still very cold) and today of the same  the ground is still like concrete, Not a chance tonight’s game would of gone ahead even if they had a pitch inspection at 6pm tonight, the ground is solid, So all of you weather/football pitch experts stop making yourself look stupid, the match was rightly called off….move on

Which obviously doesn't include your good self.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
chaos33
January 24, 2023, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Surely he’s best placed, or at least better placed than several who are indignant and seem to have a furiously certain(but I’ll informed) idea about the playability of the game, to have and share an informed opinion, based on his geographical situation?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
January 24, 2023, 2:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Which obviously doesn't include your good self.

At least there isn't freezing fog. You'll be able to watch the aircraft coming in and out of Gatwick.

Hope you make the most of your trip anyway. Had plenty of wasted journeys in my time.
Reply: 42 - 44
GYinScuntland
January 24, 2023, 2:43pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from 800

At least there isn't freezing fog. You'll be able to watch the aircraft coming in and out of Gatwick.

Hope you make the most of your trip anyway. Had plenty of wasted journeys in my time.

Ironically the fcuking train was cancelled so couldn't be arsed with it and took the refund.
Hopefully Travelodge customer services are doing me a deal too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
January 24, 2023, 5:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Ironically the fcuking train was cancelled so couldn't be arsed with it and took the refund.
Hopefully Travelodge customer services are doing me a deal too.

FFS.

I'm getting coaches to London and back at the moment. The trains are less reliable.

Just had an email from Barnsley FC (I've bought tickets there before).

Match called off 5pm. They were travelling to Exeter.
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley Off / postponed  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.