Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Swindon
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 232 Guests

Match Thread Swindon

This thread currently has 23,084 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc_chris
January 14, 2023, 5:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,519
Gold Stars: 118
Terrible performance for me.

I usually try to stay balanced in assessment of performances and general stuff regards the Club but there’s no doubting that today has been truly awful.

Forget the score, we know that’s embarrassing but it’s more the performance that has been so disjointed and lacking in any type of quality whatsoever that upsets me.

I can suffer losses if we’ve played ok, haven’t looked inferior to the opposition and have crafted a few bits and pieces. Today we haven’t been able to string three passes together and that’s more hard to swallow than the score line.

We’ve focused so heavily on this striker but on todays showing I think the entire team would/could/should be replaced. No-one has come away with any credit for me.

Pains to be so critical but there was nothing in this game to even raise a smile.

I don’t agree with the Hurst Out calls and I will forever be a fan of the guy but I think this may be the game in which more fans start to turn their thoughts towards whether he can move us forward and from this point needs to bring opinion back to the positive rather than the negative.

Even being a huge PH fan it’s hard not to succumb to the idea that things are unravelling a little and he needs to really make a statement in the next few performances to alleviate the discontent that apparently seems to be growing amongst sections of fans.

Hopefully it’s simply just the bad performance, bad day and a bad batch of Coors that’s made the afternoon as sour as it is but I hope for PH, the players and more so the fans that we can get a run of decent performances going to banish this memory to the history books.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 232
gytone
January 14, 2023, 5:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,032
Gold Stars: 8
Massive game next week now, think it might be time to ring some changes, it can't be any worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 232
Zmariner
January 14, 2023, 5:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Rubbish but 3 points next week and a couple of signings and we are on track. Charlie Austin is a good signing at this level and I feared this one from the off.
We also need Waterfall back. Great support as ever and I worked in Swindon and it is a long drive from here.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 232
hampshiremariner
January 14, 2023, 5:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
We should not be arguing like we are on a BBC HYS where you get MU fans insulting Liverpool fans and vice-versa.
I was not very confident about today. Swindon beat us with some ease at BP and, with the dreadful conditions, today was always going to be tough. I still want to be optimistic, though, because the downs of the last relegation season really did my head in. You can do without that when you are 75.
I can’t ever remember us getting a good result at Swindon. One defeat came in a season when we had 50 points in the Championship and were safe. It was the last match of the season with Andy Love in goal. 1-0 down after a minute and an abysmal display. The County Ground is not a happy hunting place for us. Move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 232
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 14, 2023, 5:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from HertsGTFC
We have some creative players in this squad  Hurst needs to play them

We lost 5-0.

It’s not the lack of creative players that are causing the problem.

Our best defender is injured. Our second best defender (Taylor) is also injured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 232
Zmariner
January 14, 2023, 5:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
I love this club, and we lost to a very good team today.

Move on ASAP.

1 question for me though, McAtee should be dropped, he's not performed for a while now. Maybe Hunt in his place please.

Agreed- he has been poor and does need dropping. Also Swindon are decent, we lost one game against a team with likely a much higher budget some on here need to get some perspective. It was bad but not the end of the world. We can get the same 3 points if we beat Harrogate next week and we owe them one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 232
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 14, 2023, 5:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from HertsGTFC
We have some creative players in this squad  Hurst needs to play them

We keep saying it but with no focal point up front who can hold the ball up and allow us to move forward as a team we will continue to struggle. I have questioned the quality of our summer signings before and to me they are average or just below average L2 players. We lack creativity in midfield and on those occasions we do get forward fail to get sufficient numbers in the box.

On the plus side in the vast majority of matches we are highly committed and competitive but that’s really not enough. Gillingham and Colchester both appear to be making a number of signings and as a result changing their fortunes and hopefully we will do the same in the next two weeks as the current squad will not take us much higher than we sit now and indeed could take us significantly lower.

Let’s hope today is just a terrible day at the office and we bounce back next Saturday v Harrogate but lose that and we will all start getting a bit twitchy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 232
denni266
January 14, 2023, 5:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Obviously this last 3 months has shown us that we are no where near a good side.  Why becaues we got cheap or kids and what was left in poundland sales.. and the odd lone  that cannot get a propper run of games  . Because hurst wont spend what is needed like its his own money he is spending . Most expected that we had learned from last time what happens if you dont kick on  ,Never say it wont happen again becaues it will . And as for the season ticket holders that expected better have been hoodwinked in to expecting better expect season tickets to half next season if this carries on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 232
Madeleymariner
January 14, 2023, 5:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Re a few comments-
Perhaps the reason shorter threads when we won the last couple of games, they were so dire there wasn't a great deal to talk about.
Hunt was not good but what do you expect from a player that hasn't played for more than 10 mins in over 2 months.
Yes Swindon player for player were better than us re pace/skill/ability to pass the ball/and kicking the ball towards the goal.
O Neil looks decent we will know in about 3 games time if he is good enough, today is not the game to judge him on.
My thoughts generally.
Other than a couple of players we have little ability in the team other than charging around trying to get the ball back.
We are lightweight in midfield and up top (strength).
We lack anyone with pace over 5'10 and 10 stone sopping wet other than Efete (I exagerate but hope people get the point)
Amos off, knew we would not get back into it.
Hopefully better next week with 11 men for 90 mins plus.
Todays positives we didn't get any more red cards and the players did not give up
Crocombe showed what a good keeper he is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 232
Chrisblor
January 14, 2023, 5:23pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,969
Gold Stars: 242

We lost 5-0.

It’s not the lack of creative players that are causing the problem.

Our best defender is injured. Our second best defender (Taylor) is also injured.

Yeah, our squad is paper thin and lacks adequate replacements for key players when they get injured. Hurst needs to stop being so hesitant in the transfer market and pull the trigger on some new signings instead of leaving it to the last minute and signing inexperienced youngsters on loan (and if it's not his hesitancy preventing us from bringing in better quality players then he needs to be having a word with Stockwood and Pettit about our budget, because it's clearly not competitive enough regardless of what they say about it)

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 232
24 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Swindon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.