2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
January 4, 2023, 4:36pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I obviously missed it somewhere but he's now back with us having gone back to Burnley for a while to recover from an injury.
What are peoples opinions of him? I personally rate him highly from the small snippets I've seen of him (Newport away is one that sticks out for me) I honestly think once he's fully recovered and fully fit he can be a big addition back in the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
January 4, 2023, 4:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Hard to judge him as he hasn’t had much game time. I saw him at Hartlepool but we didn’t play to his strengths (didn’t play at all in the second half!) and he was marginalised and muscled out of possession after he was forced to drop and pick up scraps with his back to goal.
Think he looks tricky and skilful but needs a foil and a run of games. Not going to lead the line or play ahead of JM or Otis, so not sure where he fits, but a good player worth persevering with. Needs to take his chance when he next gets one and force his selection.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
ginnywings
January 4, 2023, 4:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
When he came on against Swindon, (think it was them) he ran riot. Looked very good against a tiring defence and forced their keeper into a couple of good saves.

He's very good at turning defenders and is skilful, but ultimately, he hasn't really looked like scoring goals, which of course is the acid test.

I'm sure he will come good at some point as he gets older and stronger, because he certainly looks to have the attributes.

Hopefully, now he is back fit, he can start adding goals to his game. Whether he gets the chance remains to be seen, especially if we get some more experienced forwards in.

In summary, I like him, but I'd like him a lot more if he scored some goals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 4, 2023, 5:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Good summary from Ginny and I would say he’s probably with us a year too early in his career and needs to develop physically to compete in L2 but definitely a good player in the making.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Son of Cod
January 4, 2023, 6:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ginnywings
When he came on against Swindon, (think it was them) he ran riot. Looked very good against a tiring defence and forced their keeper into a couple of good saves.

He's very good at turning defenders and is skilful, but ultimately, he hasn't really looked like scoring goals, which of course is the acid test.

I'm sure he will come good at some point as he gets older and stronger, because he certainly looks to have the attributes.

Hopefully, now he is back fit, he can start adding goals to his game. Whether he gets the chance remains to be seen, especially if we get some more experienced forwards in.

In summary, I like him, but I'd like him a lot more if he scored some goals

He started against Swindon, I think you're thinking of the Bradford game. He burst into the box taking the ball past a couple of their defenders and forced a good save out of their keeper. Looks like he's got really quick feet, hope we see more of that. Reminds me a bit of Sam Bell from last season who we also didn't see enough of for my liking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2023, 6:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Bit too early to judge isn’t it? Looked like he was involved in the warm down after the Stockport game so maybe we might see a bit more of him soon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
Limerick Mariner
January 4, 2023, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
JM doesn't always last 90 - he puts so much in when he's on. Richardson looks ideal to slot in when JM comes off - he runs at players and looks to have a bit of a feisty attitude like JM, I'd like to see more...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
MarinerDevil
January 4, 2023, 7:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
Speaking of loanees, does anyone know exactly when the Kiernan and Simmonds loans expire this month?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Kris2
January 4, 2023, 7:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
He's looked a handy and skilful player in what I saw of him but still quite young and learning his game. I think if he gets the game time he will score goals but it's a big if. A young player with potential but looks more complete than most of the other loanees we've had so far.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2023, 7:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Good summary from Ginny and I would say he’s probably with us a year too early in his career and needs to develop physically to compete in L2 but definitely a good player in the making.

This for me. Still looks like a boy playing men’s football. Albeit a good one.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Richardson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.