5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
January 3, 2023, 5:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
And let's be honest... how many schools.wouls turn him down if he applied for a PE teaching job ... so no risk at all really.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
aldi_01
January 3, 2023, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They worked at Lincoln but let’s be honest, and even Lincoln fans would agree, it was flipping horrible to watch and he doesn’t half flipping moan.

They’ll end up at one of those smaller league 1/2 clubs, down south somewhere.

Bizarrely, if they were at wrexham I’d almost guarantee they’d go up.

They’re set for life so can’t see him going back to being a PE teacher…and why on earth would anyone do that?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
aldi_01
January 3, 2023, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They worked at Lincoln but let’s be honest, and even Lincoln fans would agree, it was flipping horrible to watch and he doesn’t half flipping moan.

They’re set for life so can’t see him going back to being a PE teacher…and why on earth would anyone do that?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
Limerick Mariner
January 3, 2023, 6:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,751
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from SteffiMariner
I wouldn't be surprised to see them at Forest Green.

When Notts County win the Conference title and Chesterfield beat Wrexham in the Play-off, they'll end up at Wrexham...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Mariner_09
January 3, 2023, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

When Notts County win the Conference title and Chesterfield beat Wrexham in the Play-off, they'll end up at Wrexham...

I'd rather Southend went up. Just for the pure hilariousness of a side who will likely finish about 25-30 points off the top two, or maybe even three, will go up at Wrexham's expense.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 3, 2023, 7:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,028
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from TAGG
PE Teaching chancer.

Something like the Canterbury (time) trails

Sorry, I thought you meant the poet

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
RonMariner
January 3, 2023, 10:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Mariner_09

I'd rather Southend went up. Just for the pure hilariousness of a side who will likely finish about 25-30 points off the top two, or maybe even three, will go up at Wrexham's expense.

Just think, we finished 17 points behind Stockport and 11 behind Wrexham and still went up. Some kind of miracle. I sometimes ask myself if it really happened or did I dream it. The most remarkable fortnight I can ever remember following Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
dapperz fun pub
January 4, 2023, 7:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,065
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from RonMariner

Just think, we finished 17 points behind Stockport and 11 behind Wrexham and still went up. Some kind of miracle. I sometimes ask myself if it really happened or did I dream it. The most remarkable fortnight I can ever remember following Town.

Magical really the only other time I felt that ecstatic was winning the third div title about a 100 yrs ago 🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
pen penfras
January 4, 2023, 8:01am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

I'm not so sure. It's been a long time since they were at that level and all their scouting knowledge is going to be from higher up the league. I guess Wrexham probably have enough that getting the best out of what they have should be enough, but lower league knowledge is soon lost on the way up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
Rick12
January 4, 2023, 8:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from lukeo
And let's be honest... how many schools.wouls turn him down if he applied for a PE teaching job ... so no risk at all really.
I think they will  have the respect as well of a lot of the children from the start given what they have done in professional football if Danny decides to go back to being a PE teacher at a later date. We had a PE lecturer at college who use to play for Spurs and because of this there was instant admirmation amongst many of the students. Likewise at one of my previous jobs a PE teacher at a private school use to play for Charlton and staff really admired and respected that.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Portsmouth part company with the Cowley's

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.