HertsGTFC
January 2, 2023, 6:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Yep, Macca used to do it and of course it’s not just a Crocombe thing. That wasn’t really my point.

Macca’s distribution and quick thinking when in possession was poor. Crocombe’s isn’t and there were a couple of occasions yesterday when he could have released players when Stockport were heavily committed but he chose to waste time instead. Like I said, I think this is an example of a wider issue we have with killing off games by being proactive.

I think the issue is with football and not Max to be honest.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
blundellpork
January 2, 2023, 10:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Macca’s distribution and quick thinking when in possession was poor.

I’ve lost count of the number of times he would collect the ball, charge to the edge of his area to release it, then stop and hold it for an eternity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
aldi_01
January 3, 2023, 6:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Crocombe is clearly an upgrade on Macca, and whilst Macca was a good servant, I wonder if some of the oddballs having a dig at Crocombe in the ground just can’t let go of Macca?

Crocombe’s delivery was a tad better on Sunday but I’ve seen him play better. Personally, I thought he was slow to release but that’s understandable, we were desperate for a win so slowing it down and making it harder for them to get in to a rhythm makes total sense.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
Son of Cod
January 3, 2023, 12:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from aldi_01
Crocombe is clearly an upgrade on Macca, and whilst Macca was a good servant, I wonder if some of the oddballs having a dig at Crocombe in the ground just can’t let go of Macca?

Yep, McKeown sympathisers/nutjobs definitely exist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
immariner
January 3, 2023, 12:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Max had a decent game but there was one launched ball in injury time that was in the air for an age and came down a few yards inside his box that he really should have claimed. Happy to have him though,.decent L2 keeper and good character
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
DaleH
January 3, 2023, 3:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 168
Very decent goalkeeper and I enjoy watching him.
I'm certainly not one to pick out occasional errors with GK's. For me it is the consistency that matters, and he has been consistently good.
In the Salford game, I heard people criticising him for a great central pass to Holohan that led to one of their goals. There was nothing wrong with that pass and it was the right decision. The error was in Holohan's first touch. Nearest Salford player to Holohan was 5-8 yards. He had the opportunity to receive that ball better and set it to be played further forward. And if Holohan was really on his game v Salford, he could have checked his shoulder, received the ball on his back foot side on, and played forward himself.

Max is doing smashing and long may that continue.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
DaleH
January 3, 2023, 3:39pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from blundellpork

I’ve lost count of the number of times he would collect the ball, charge to the edge of his area to release it, then stop and hold it for an eternity.

It is great that he looks to collect the ball and hopes to play it early to start quick counter attacks. But when he gets to the edge of that box and that early ball isn't on, then he does right to slow it down and think again

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Northbank Mariner
January 3, 2023, 4:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from DaleH

It is great that he looks to collect the ball and hopes to play it early to start quick counter attacks. But when he gets to the edge of that box and that early ball isn't on, then he does right to slow it down and think again

Think blundellpork was talking about Macca rather than Crocombe..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
DaleH
January 3, 2023, 4:53pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Think blundellpork was talking about Macca rather than Crocombe..

Ah my bad then

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
Abdul19
January 3, 2023, 5:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
I thought it was a miskicked clearance rather than a great central pass v Salford, but I'm more than prepared to be wrong seeing as I'd have to be paid about £10000000 to watch the game again!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crocombe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.