Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PH post match.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 277 Guests

PH post match.

This thread currently has 8,463 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
December 30, 2022, 12:03am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
jamesgtfc
December 30, 2022, 12:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Disappointed a question wasn't asked about Alex Hunt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 80
chaos33
December 30, 2022, 12:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Sounded very downbeat. Hard to know what to say in a balanced way. We are leaking goals (especially early goals) seemingly ‘Willy-nilly’, even though I believe we have good defensive players. I don’t know what’s wrong. Something is. It’s a real ‘head scratcher’ for us all. This is a tough division. I think this is what some people don’t get. They think we have a divine right to beat certain teams and when it doesn’t happen they lose their mind, but, that said, we are in a rut and throwing lots of points away because we’re doing basic things badly. I don’t think we should throw the baby out with the bath water but something needs to change somewhere. I dint know what it is, personally.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 80
hheh2
December 30, 2022, 2:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Khan and McAtee with the only genuine talent and will to win.

The rest were missing in action. Totally pathetic performance! Scared to make runs, scared to make quick impactful passes, incapable of controlling a ball at football league pace with urgency and motive.

Hurst what are you feeding the players? Get their vitamin D levels checked cause every winter we are urine poor under you

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 80
BeijingMariner
December 30, 2022, 4:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
I found it a frustrating interview to be honest. I have always been in the 'be patient with PH, he will come good' camp but at the moment I would be very surprised if the owners are not looking elsewhere. I honestly think this squad is good enough to be quite a bit higher, but the are not playing at their best or anywhere near it. Over the half way mark and looking pretty poor, I would not be surprised to see a statement soon. Could be wrong, often am, but I could not watch after that thrid goal went in and would be surprised if Stockwood and Andrew aren't making plans or have made them already.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 80
Rick12
December 30, 2022, 6:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from chaos33
. I don’t think we should throw the baby out with the bath water but something needs to change somewhere. I dont know what it is, personally.
Briefly Paul Hurst has his good points and has brought in  some good players to Grimsby in the past eg John Nolan . I think where Hurst  could improve on  is  motivational skills . Comes across as a bit dry sometimes .  The buck don't fall completely with the manager though and in football overall ( not just league 2 but premiership as well )sometimes it's the players as well that need to step up and find it within themselves to play to the best of their abilities consistently week in week out. Easier said than done as players do have off days . Likewise the advent of social media has created more pressures for players now . I note some up and down the league's dont read it at all as they struggle with some of the fans views which change like the wind.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 80
RichMariner
December 30, 2022, 8:12am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,164
Gold Stars: 211
Leaking early goals reminds me of the season before last under Runaway. It’s a worrying sign. It suggests we’re going into games underprepared - tactically or mentally (or both).

Hurst is going nowhere. The board will continue backing him unless something drastically goes wrong. Remember, there’s still a load of stuff off the pitch that needs work/investment. They need a steady pair of hands to handle matters on the pitch, helping to stabilise the club after years of underinvestment.

I disagree that this is a tough division. I think there are some good teams but not many. All the teams below us would struggle to make the play-offs in the NL, and I include us in that list, in this present form at least.

What the early part of the season showed was the potential of this squad. It’s good enough to be in the top 10 of L2, therefore it’s clear to everyone that we are currently underperforming.

We did something similar last season. The board stuck by Hurst, and we came out the other side better for it. Let’s be honest, we changed managers how many times in the past, in this situation? And how many times did it work out for us?

I know it’s a frustrating time and plenty will disagree with me, claiming a lack of ambition, etc, but we don’t achieve long-term stability if we keep chopping and changing everything about us every season or two.

Sure, some players need to move on/don’t work out. But the engine room needs to be solid, no bad apples. If the board feel that’s in a good place, and they trust it implicitly, then we commit to it. Take the rough with the smooth.

It’s not that long ago that we were worried Rotherham would come calling, and AP joked that they’d locked Hurst in the boot of his car! Things change quickly in football. They can swing back our way just as quickly. Two good results and we’re looking up again.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 80
HertsGTFC
December 30, 2022, 8:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
I actually thought he was seething and with good reason as we just looked so soft touch last night and when we needed leaders we got lambs. Also either side of the goal we started to press then just stopped even before the 2nd went in.

Personally on paper he’s not our best CB but I’d be recalling Shaun now to put the CB’s under a bit more pressure and just bring some fighting spirit to the match day squad.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 80
December 30, 2022, 9:00am
Guest User
Quoted from RichMariner
Let’s be honest, we changed managers how many times in the past, in this situation? And how many times did it work out for us?

In the 40 years I’ve been watching town, only two appointments worked out and got us promotion. Buckley and Hurst. And we were insane to let them both go. I’ve said it before, we’re victims of our own success. I don’t think anyone expected us to get promoted last season. As such I think we’re playing catch up on all fronts. we didn’t deserve to lose against Harrogate. We did last night. It’ll be erratic for the remainder of the season. It’ll come good in the end.
Reply: 8 - 80
MuddyWaters
December 30, 2022, 9:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I actually thought he was seething and with good reason as we just looked so soft touch last night and when we needed leaders we got lambs. Also either side of the goal we started to press then just stopped even before the 2nd went in.

Personally on paper he’s not our best CB but I’d be recalling Shaun now to put the CB’s under a bit more pressure and just bring some fighting spirit to the match day squad.

Had the same thought re Shaun. He might be at the wrong end of his career but he wouldn’t let a capitulation like that happen.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 80
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PH post match.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.