jamesgtfc
December 20, 2022, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from lukeo
Say you're in a 9-5 job.. would you be happy to stay at work for an extra couple of hours just because a small selection of people aren't happy that tickets are being sold at a certain time? Not to mention the club then having to pay that member of staff an extra couple of hours pay every time.

The club is in the service industry so they should ensure adequate cover at the times we as customers require.

I think launching online tickets at 9am is foolish, lots of people don't have access to the internet for personal use at that time. The kind of things the club has promised to communicate if there is a problem are all the kind of things someone can do remotely.

Whether it be on a rota or someone takes it upon themselves to start early/finish late, tickets shouldn't be made available at 9am.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Croxton
December 20, 2022, 9:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The club is in the service industry so they should ensure adequate cover at the times we as customers require.

I think launching online tickets at 9am is foolish, lots of people don't have access to the internet from personal use at that time. The kind of things the club has promised to communicate if there is a problem are all the kind of things someone can do remotely.

Whether it be on a rota or someone takes it upon themselves to start early/finish late, tickets shouldn't be made available at 9am.

Thanks for stating the obvious. Gary Neville will have marked your cards though.

Whoever suggested 9.00 a.m. forgets that the ticket office already has a considerable degree of flexible working. Tuesday night games, Saturday working with time off in lieu etc.

This knee jerk ' solution' is likely more to do with the retention of the queue in the car park notion. Like I said in another post, the Barnstoneworth option.

Oh, forgot to add that several of Sam Strandt's email replies were sent in the evening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
LH
December 20, 2022, 9:35am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
For games that will almost certainly sell out there should be a pre-registration and - if there is oversubsciption - a ballot. Having an away loyalty scheme wouldn’t work because people would buy tickets for matches they had no intention of going to just to get the ‘stamp’ for the ones they do. I don’t know anybody who works 9-5 either 🤷‍♂️
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
KingsleysHair
December 20, 2022, 10:49am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +249
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Croxton

Thanks for stating the obvious. Gary Neville will have marked your cards though.

Whoever suggested 9.00 a.m. forgets that the ticket office already has a considerable degree of flexible working. Tuesday night games, Saturday working with time off in lieu etc.

This knee jerk ' solution' is likely more to do with the retention of the queue in the car park notion. Like I said in another post, the Barnstoneworth option.

Oh, forgot to add that several of Sam Strandt's email replies were sent in the evening.

Completely agree that it’s knee jerk. All the club had to do was admit that the staff member forgot to activate the tickets and that they apologise for a member of staff trying to blag their way in a roundabout way into saying the tickets sold out in 3 minutes then being caught red handed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
BenBB
December 20, 2022, 4:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30
The whole system is a jankfest - works just about but it's not exactly the best designed. Surprised Town went with it. Thought the due-diligence would've been better especially as one of our owners was a director of match.com.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 30
jamesgtfc
December 20, 2022, 4:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from BenBB
The whole system is a jankfest - works just about but it's not exactly the best designed. Surprised Town went with it. Thought the due-diligence would've been better especially as one of our owners was a director of match.com.

As someone stated earlier in the thread, this system was procured by the Trust under the old owners so due-diligence criticism can't be levelled against 1878.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
aldi_01
December 24, 2022, 5:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Unfortunately, the current system, much like a lot of the other guff has been inherited.

We’re clinging to the idea of over the counter sales when we live in a world that is evermore online.

LH is correct, people would buy away tickets to get their stamp or whatever, I’d be one of those people. I’d either happily take the financial hit if it meant I could attend games like Harrogate or id shift the ticket on.

The ticketing system needs a review, someone from the club shouldn’t have been commenting on social media about a sellout when it was quite clearly a technical error and I’d argue it needs a well organised coproduction event, not just something for trust members.

However, in some small defence, this is the only time it’s happened this season…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Croxton
December 24, 2022, 10:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Well done to our ticket office staff working on Saturday morning, Christmas Eve. In the last half hour, a young lady phoned me to say a ticket had become available for Harrogate and I was next on the waiting list!

Feel somewhat privileged that I can now make my first visit to Harrogate albeit in place of someone who may be feeling quite unwell this Christmas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
arryarryarry
December 25, 2022, 4:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Croxton
Well done to our ticket office staff working on Saturday morning, Christmas Eve. In the last half hour, a young lady phoned me to say a ticket had become available for Harrogate and I was next on the waiting list!

Feel somewhat privileged that I can now make my first visit to Harrogate albeit in place of someone who may be feeling quite unwell this Christmas.

I worked in several offices all my working life and I cannot remember we ever got Christmas Eve off (unless it was a weekend). The best we got was to leave early in the afternoon.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Online Ticketing Review

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.