MuddyWaters
December 20, 2022, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Chaos, can I ask you a serious question, why do you feel you have to try to belittle every single poster on here?.
Denni offered an opinion, okay he's probably not had an Eton education and sometimes his messages are a bit jumbled, but to have a dig at his apparent illiteracy is bang out of order!..
DB was the number 1 for having spats but realised its the not the way "to win friends and influence people" and is now one of the best, positive and respected posters on this forum.

Well said.

There’s a few on here who seem intent on using intimidation and bullying as a means to justify the sanctity of their opinions. The Fishy thrives on diversity of opinion. No one is always right, no one is always wrong, though, in some cases, you’d struggle to believe it.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 126
chaos33
December 20, 2022, 11:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well said.

There’s a few on here who seem intent on using intimidation and bullying as a means to justify the sanctity of their opinions. The Fishy thrives on diversity of opinion. No one is always right, no one is always wrong, though, in some cases, you’d struggle to believe it.

Intimidation and bullying?! Are you real? Where?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 126
MuddyWaters
December 21, 2022, 12:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33

Intimidation and bullying?! Are you real? Where?

I’m real.

Suggesting someone has a miserable experience is belittling, condescending and crass if it’s not intimidating and bullying.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 126
chaos33
December 21, 2022, 4:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
His experience of supporting Town is demonstrably miserable from his forum posts. Every single one. Look back over them. All complaints and criticism, most of it passive aggressive, badly expressed and presented, and he topped off his response to me simply calling it ‘cobblers’  which, was, to use your word, ‘crassness’ itself), with some jibbering nonsense about lumbago and things ‘not being right at home’. Where does that leave your point now?

Bullying and intimidation! Utter nonsense, and you’ve backed the wrong horse. I’d leave it there if I were you.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 126
Hagrid
December 21, 2022, 7:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Cmon Chaps its Christmas time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 126
denni266
December 21, 2022, 7:38am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from chaos33
His experience of supporting Town is demonstrably miserable from his forum posts. Every single one. Look back over them. All complaints and criticism, most of it passive aggressive, badly expressed and presented, and he topped off his response to me simply calling it ‘cobblers’  which, was, to use your word, ‘crassness’ itself), with some jibbering nonsense about lumbago and things ‘not being right at home’. Where does that leave your point now?

Bullying and intimidation! Utter nonsense, and you’ve backed the wrong horse. I’d leave it there if I were you.

Yes you do try and bully posters . You have been told a few times by posters about it . I sugest you block what i post if you do not like it .And dont for one minute make statements about my life and education that you no nothing about ,, You come across like an old school master at times  that must must be obayed at all times . Not going to happen here so save your ink.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 126
Son of Cod
December 21, 2022, 9:12am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from sam gy

JMD has been injured/getting back to fitness  for a decent chunk of the season and has only been available for selection for the last couple of games, what is Hurst supposed to do, play a crocked JMD over a young loan player?

Plus we only have Pepple and Simmonds now who'd fall into that category of young loan attacking players, and neither are wingers.

Reiterating what i referred to earlier, i really like JMD, but i think Khan and Kiernan have been decent of late and both offer more all round. I'd certainly like to keep JMD to have as a backup, but i doubt he wants to be a backup!

JMD has been an unused sub 7 times this season and has come off the bench for less than 20 minutes 4 times in the league, so while you're right in that he has missed a decent chunk through injury he's still been available and selected in the  matchday squad and either not used or given very little time to impact the game in over half of our league matches. Pepple conversely hasn't been an unused sub yet, he's come off the bench every time he's been on it. There has been a clear preference to use Pepple/Simmonds over JMD, Orsi, Wearne and Richardson, that's not even up for debate as far as I'm concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 126
jamesgtfc
December 21, 2022, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Son of Cod

JMD has been an unused sub 7 times this season and has come off the bench for less than 20 minutes 4 times in the league, so while you're right in that he has missed a decent chunk through injury he's still been available and selected in the  matchday squad and either not used or given very little time to impact the game in over half of our league matches. Pepple conversely hasn't been an unused sub yet, he's come off the bench every time he's been on it. There has been a clear preference to use People/Simmonds over JMD, Orsi, Wearne and Richardson, that's not even up for debate as far as I'm concerned.

Makes you wonder if there's a condition in the Pepple loan agreement that he must play in most games when fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 126
diehardmariner
December 21, 2022, 10:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Didn't JMD replace Sousa....who would you sooner have ?  Also, JMD actually was in the starting lineup in the last game he played but did so little he was taken off at halftime. That is a rarity in itself, barring injury, but Hurst was obviously not enthused by his lack of endeavor. As we all know, football is a team game with no room for malingers. As many have pointed out, his level is around the Conference, not the rough house 4th division, despite his obvious talents.

I think he did replace Sousa, in terms of Hurst's view anyway.  Yet come the end of the season it was Sousa who started the final run of games over JMD.  Which probably tells you everything in how Hurst's view on them both changed.

I think and hope he'll do well for Yeovil.  Also hope the lad finds a club where he truly fits in and settles.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 126
Maringer
December 21, 2022, 10:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Makes you wonder if there's a condition in the Pepple loan agreement that he must play in most games when fit.

Or, just perhaps, we're short on strikers. Which we are.

JMD isn't a striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 126
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JMD

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.