No Members and 195 Guests

Harrogate ticket link

This thread currently has 8,498 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
December 12, 2022, 1:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from Les Brechin

As long as the weather warms up a bit!

There is that! The milder weather was supposed to have arrived by Friday but it seems to have gone back a day.

Fingers crossed.

Hope to see you soon Les. Its been a fair old time since we saw each other at a game.

Reply: 50 - 86
Croxton
December 12, 2022, 2:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Son of Cod

There's apparently a big enough section of our support that can't/won't use online ticketing portals, I'm not saying that's all elderly supporters but if people insist on having to buy tickets in person then they're gonna have to do it when it's cold every so often.

I'm 73 and still climb hills in the snow and ice so no personal issues there. My other colleagues on Row G in the Upper are often less mobile, even older or travel some distance. The notion that this policy aids local fans other than those very close to the ground is illusory. It's ageist, ableist and hostile to exiles who pay more to support their team than locals. It disadvantages those on shifts and self employed who work away from Cleethorpes.

Guess what levels all these out?  Online sales from 6.00pm onwards. I suppose those who 'insist on having to buy tickets in person'' look forward to buying a paint brush or coal scuttle from Norris The Rubber Man!      They can support Barnstoneworth if they like the old days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 86
jamesgtfc
December 12, 2022, 4:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
My personal opinion is that this percentage kept aside is so people can keep their perks and sort tickets out for their mates, something going online only prevents.

Finals at Wembley, London Stadium etc were online only and people managed to find a way of getting a ticket alright. Just make the leap and be done with it, it's not the most responsible thing to drag people out in subzero temperatures to queue for a ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 86
1mickylyons
December 12, 2022, 4:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Croxton

I'm 73 and still climb hills in the snow and ice so no personal issues there. My other colleagues on Row G in the Upper are often less mobile, even older or travel some distance. The notion that this policy aids local fans other than those very close to the ground is illusory. It's ageist, ableist and hostile to exiles who pay more to support their team than locals. It disadvantages those on shifts and self employed who work away from Cleethorpes.

Guess what levels all these out?  Online sales from 6.00pm onwards. I suppose those who 'insist on having to buy tickets in person'' look forward to buying a paint brush or coal scuttle from Norris The Rubber Man!      They can support Barnstoneworth if they like the old days.

Then again maybe its the only chance of conversation they get and look forward to maybe bumping into a fellow supporter to chew the cud.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 86
arryarryarry
December 12, 2022, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Davec
Lisa Piggott initially said on Facebook that all tickets were sold out by 07:03 this morning, and now she is advising people to try again as there has been another glitch in the system.

I don't blame Lisa at all for the misinformation, this ticketing system is a shambles!

Isn't she a senior member of staff?

If she has gone on a public site talking bull excrement then she needs to be reprimanded.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 86
Croxton
December 12, 2022, 4:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Then again maybe its the only chance of conversation they get and look forward to maybe bumping into a fellow supporter to chew the cud.

Stop it! You're going down the Hovis route. I can hear the brass band playing, Jason handing out warm mince pies and Debbie pouring mugs of mulled wine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mq59ykPnAE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 86
moosey_club
December 12, 2022, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,315
Gold Stars: 227
Absolute bllocks that excuse....there is no way that a sell out occurred by 7.03.....I was on the ticket page by 10 seconds after 0700 and wasn't waiting, wasn't in a queue, no circle of doom ....the page was loaded but the ticket options just weren't there.

100% someone dropped a bllock

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 86
crusty ole pie
December 12, 2022, 5:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
Surely this fixture should have flagged up major concerns with the EFL before the fixtures where released and changed. It’s Boxing Day traditionally a game that attracts large attendances if said team has to have a home game on Boxing Day then surely it should be matched up with a team that historically does not have a large away following eg Salford or  Crawley etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 86
Mariner_09
December 12, 2022, 5:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Surely this fixture should have flagged up major concerns with the EFL before the fixtures where released and changed. It’s Boxing Day traditionally a game that attracts large attendances if said team has to have a home game on Boxing Day then surely it should be matched up with a team that historically does not have a large away following eg Salford or  Crawley etc

What gets me is, we'd sell out at Harrogate every possible day of the season, why couldn't they send us to Rochdale, Bradford or Doncaster, somewhere with a big capacity where we'd take more on Boxing Day than we would on any Saturday.

I suppose the counterargument is plod wouldn't fancy it. 3,000 Town fans at Bradford may put them off, it'd, at best, get moved forward to 12.30.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 86
aldi_01
December 12, 2022, 6:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m well aware it’s not anyone’s fault per se but not entirely sure a club employee should be putting something on social media without the real facts, especially knowing how dependent people are on social media for information.

We can talk about it all day long but the venuebox site is male masturbation. No point over egging it, it’s excrement. End of…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate ticket link

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.