FishOutOfWater
December 12, 2022, 11:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Chrisblor
Utterly disgusting stuff from the club on this - if they're incapable of making the tickets available at the announced 7am time they shouldn't just be randomly sticking them all up ~90 minutes late with no warning. I have no issue if I lose out on getting tickets if i'm there refreshing the website on time and I don't get through, but to lose out because they shoved the tickets online while I was on my way to work meaning I didn't even have a chance at buying them is completely unacceptable. I thought we'd moved on from Fenty era incompetence of this magnitude but apparently not.

I'm totally disappointed with this morning's fiasco

I was on there for 7 o'clock on the dot, had a 10 minute countdown and then nothing after that other than to be told  'you do not have permission to view the page using the credentials supplied'

I kept trying until after 8 o'clock but then had to leave for work and while travelling ( or rather sitting on the A63 ) got in the office to find the tickets had been supplied while I was en route

A very poor show indeed .... can't do anything about it of course but an apology from the club should be their minimum response  😏
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 86
1mickylyons
December 12, 2022, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Ha at least the old skool que in the freezing fog option still works.
This particular fixture was always going to be problematic given the urine poor allocation I've no doubt we could have shifted 3k.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 86
ska face
December 12, 2022, 11:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from headingly_mariner

"Hi Jenna, this was due to the amount of supporters trying to access tickets! Apologies to you, and to anyone else, who hah issues this morning."

This was a direct reply to a Town fan. I'm not sure that marries up with what happened. All of a sudden the tickets were available at 8.40, nobody could get them before that.

Seems everyone at the club was still in bed.

Yeah that’s clearly complete horse shít, if the website was too busy to handle the traffic it wouldn’t let everyone on to the same page, you’d just be sat in a queue.

Like has been said, you could almost accept it if they held their hands up and either did something to rectify it (i.e. did the online sale 7am tomorrow), or apologised for it. There’s just been no acknowledgement of the problem, you’ve got someone lying on the Twitter account and someone from the ticket office chatting wham about being sold out at 7:03am on Facebook?!
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 86
December 12, 2022, 11:43am
Guest User
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'm totally disappointed with this morning's fiasco

I was on there for 7 o'clock on the dot, had a 10 minute countdown and then nothing after that other than to be told  'you do not have permission to view the page using the credentials supplied'

I kept trying until after 8 o'clock but then had to leave for work and while travelling ( or rather sitting on the A63 ) got in the office to find the tickets had been supplied while I was en route

A very poor show indeed .... can't do anything about it of course but an apology from the club should be their minimum response  😏

Sorry you weren't fortunate Tim. I decided to go away for Xmas and take in another game rather than risk being unlucky in this morning's lottery.  I didn't want to miss out on Harrogate and end up stuck in Thorne all over Xmas. I can't bear the thought of being isolated at any time after the lockdowns. It is surprising how many people I bump into at games who will travel over a hundred miles to watch a grassroots game rather than stay indoors after the last few years. They're haunted by the experience.

Anyway, I've been invited to an AA friend's for Xmas Day and we'll do a meeting that evening. Home to Spurs on Boxing Day but would have given that up for a guaranteed ticket at Harrogate.

The worst thing is half the ground will be empty at Harrogate. Utter nonsense.

At least I get to see Town at Mansfield on Saturday!
Reply: 44 - 86
Les Brechin
December 12, 2022, 12:13pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from 800

Sorry you weren't fortunate Tim. I decided to go away for Xmas and take in another game rather than risk being unlucky in this morning's lottery.  I didn't want to miss out on Harrogate and end up stuck in Thorne all over Xmas. I can't bear the thought of being isolated at any time after the lockdowns. It is surprising how many people I bump into at games who will travel over a hundred miles to watch a grassroots game rather than stay indoors after the last few years. They're haunted by the experience.

Anyway, I've been invited to an AA friend's for Xmas Day and we'll do a meeting that evening. Home to Spurs on Boxing Day but would have given that up for a guaranteed ticket at Harrogate.

As long as the weather warms up a bit!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 86
FishOutOfWater
December 12, 2022, 12:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 800

I think the club's explanation is somewhat disingenuous ....no mention of what the issue was first thing today, other than to say by 9am, the allocation made available via the ticket portal had sold out,

It didn't say that from 7 o'clock on you couldn't even make a booking even if issues this morning have since been resolved

https://gtfc.co.uk/harrogate-tickets-sold-out/

As they say.... it happens. But it's not the first time so hopefully the club has a new year's resolution to get to the bottom of what causes these regular booking issues  🙄

I know it's probably just me whinging but having made the effort to get up and be in the queue from the off and to then miss out is a pain. Just hope lessons will be learned but I somehow doubt it

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 86
Son of Cod
December 12, 2022, 1:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Croxton
This desire to score 'community' points is pure VS. Many other clubs operate on a membership scheme whereby you have to log in anyhow to buy tickets.

Asking elderly STH's to queue outside in freezing conditions is an abuse of loyal customers who committed their funds early so that the club could set a budget.

Wise up Town!

There's apparently a big enough section of our support that can't/won't use online ticketing portals, I'm not saying that's all elderly supporters but if people insist on having to buy tickets in person then they're gonna have to do it when it's cold every so often.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 86
1mickylyons
December 12, 2022, 1:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Son of Cod

There's apparently a big enough section of our support that can't/won't use online ticketing portals, I'm not saying that's all elderly supporters but if people insist on having to buy tickets in person then they're gonna have to do it when it's cold every so often.

Yes and everyone who braved the cold got a ticket . Albeit they waited from 8am to make certain. Clearly the online option is flawed and needs urgently addressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 86
gtfc98
December 12, 2022, 1:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Les Brechin

As long as the weather warms up a bit!

Aye, I've got tickets but looking at the forecast it's set to be -2 on Friday night in Mansfield and won't get up above +2 all day on Saturday. Hope they've got some decent pitch covers!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate ticket link

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.