DB
December 10, 2022, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
I'm looking forward to your posts.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
It Bites
December 10, 2022, 5:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,215
Gold Stars: 266
Very good today . Should of won by 3/4 really . Tranmere were as poor a side as I've seen in lg2 so far , they were awful . They didn't look like a team playing for the manager . Effete is back back back and Mcatee was superb today but and it's a big but . Tranmere were shocking all over the pitch
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2022, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Hard working three points. We were the better side though they were poor, several decent individual performances notably Efete and Green but Maher possibly best of the lot. Now come on England.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
buckstown
December 10, 2022, 5:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
I also thought Tranmere were pants and never looked like scoring, until we gift wrapped a golden goose! Then we got a bit twitchy but it was never really in doubt
Thought Green  was immense in front of the defence and every time I see Maher he grows in stature.
Nice to see a home win and stop the rot, and it wasn’t quite as freezing as I expected
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
TwoLeftFeet
December 10, 2022, 5:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Fully deserved 3 points nice to get an early goal so the away team don't spend the game time wasting and falling over at every opportunity..

Good to see Efete playing again after last week..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
lukeo
December 10, 2022, 5:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Full backs motm.
Midfield 3 did well.
Wingers good in patches.
Mcatee for me played OK but not as effective as if he's given the freelance behind a striker with the ball to his feet.

Great 3 points and 2 good goals. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
gobby
December 10, 2022, 6:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Clifton made one of the best defensive tackles I have seen at BP for along time. They could not cope with Efete and Kiernan down the right. No shots for Crocombe to save so he gifts them a goal. Good 3 points.  

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
Limerick Mariner
December 10, 2022, 6:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from lukeo
Full backs motm.
Midfield 3 did well.
Wingers good in patches.
Mcatee for me played OK but not as effective as if he's given the freelance behind a striker with the ball to his feet.

Great 3 points and 2 good goals. Utm

Really important 3 points as well. Tough game next against, slightly underachieving, Mansfield, given their budget, then the Harrogate banana skin and two trickly looking home games, given Stockport's recent form. All without Taylor and I agree McAtee's talents are wasted in his current role.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
ginnywings
December 10, 2022, 6:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Would have been a travesty to not win that game and it should have been more comfortable. We desperately need a goal sniffer as there were umpteen times we didn't capitalise on good situations. Had we done so, we would have been three or four to the good before we gave away our obligatory stupid goal.

We played some good stuff today but didn't finish the moves off. As good as McAtee is, I don't think the role he has in the team suits him as much as playing off a Taylor type and he is not as effective. Still works his nuts off though and wins the ball high up the pitch. His excellent work led to the opener for instance.

There were some good performances out there today. Clifton, Green, Maher and Amos were all on their game, but Efete was the stand out for me and my MOM.

The team worked really hard without the ball and strung some good moves together when we had possession. We looked generally solid, but Tranmere were poor I thought. There are a lot of mediocre teams around us in mid table and I think if we can get in a couple of regular goal scorers in Jan, then we can climb to a more lofty position.

Great to see a win at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
lukeo
December 10, 2022, 6:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
It's a tricky one, I like Kiernan up their but I wouldn't drop any of the midfield 3. Unless you push clifton outwide, kiernan upto and mcatee behind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.