Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 18,993 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Zmariner
November 12, 2022, 5:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Pity they got the third one they did. That said the miss in the last seconds would’ve broken our hearts if that was for an equaliser. Not sure that I am a Hunt fan slows the game up badly. Huge respect to the guys that had to nominate the man of the match because that was a hell of a job from that shower of shite. Bad day at the office looking forward to next week I think. We truly are crap at home I need a Plan B or some new players in January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 185
toontown
November 12, 2022, 5:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Well that was always the danger in playing a side that worked so well against a 3 at the backvthat pushed very high forward, as soon as donny scored their back 3 became a 5, no space at all and we were set up wrong for the game and it showed. No guile against a defence sat deep. On top of that we had poor performances from back to front and we were always going to be up against it. A deep defence is what taylor prefers to play against, with his little flicks on to runners against a tight defence, so would have been handy to have him as well as mcatee to come on but Richardson has tricky feet, the subs gave us a lift for 2 mins before they scored again and it's game over.

Very poor in game management not to change it at half time really, but what was even worse and simply indefensible was waiting 10 minutes after they scored to bring on mcatee. He scored one, brought the only save out of their keeper in the second half, and if he had 10 minutes more when they were only 2 up who knows what might have happened. Just who did he still want on that pitch over mcatee for 10 minutes.

Only other save I can recall was Harry who worked so hard and created a fantastic chance for himself but after that brilliant work blew the shot.

Only Waterfall of the back 4 played well today, Smith made some mistakes, glennon was very poor and efete, whilst OK defensively was back to his abysmal worst with the ball going forward. Against hartlepool they simply ignored him, didn't bother to mark him and so he got loads of space but still couldn't score or assist. Against Plymouth he had space in front of him to run into and that plays to his strengths, as soon as he has an opposing player in front of him he struggles really badly.

I thought one of hunt or Morris should have gone at half time, neither was playing well, Hunt was booked also and we needed a change of shape. All 3 forward midfielders had quiet ish games, especially Khan for me. kiernan put in loads of effort but as soon as they go a goal up he is playing on his own against a packed defence and that isn't his game, he needs space.

On the plus side mcatee came on, scored and we definitely need him as an option up front, I would like to see him played with Richardson and for us to keep it on the deck to make the most of their trickery.

Completely justified defeat, really disappointing, let's hope mcatee has come back just in time for our season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 185
MuddyWaters
November 12, 2022, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pen penfras

Stop being a tease and post it. Hopefully it's the same thing I heard today, but I just get accused of being a excrement stirrer so won't bother.

Nothing of that level. Call me old fashioned, but I expect someone laying a wreath to take their hands out their pockets during the two minutes silence.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 185
Wiley2405
November 12, 2022, 5:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Nothing of that level. Call me old fashioned, but I expect someone laying a wreath to take their hands out their pockets during the two minutes silence.

How can you lay a wreath with your hands in your pockets?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 185
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Glennon being watched by league 1 teams, hilarious, he was tortured today

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 185
WOZOFGRIMSBY

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
I think it’s best we just shut this thread.

We were shite and whatever formation and tactic it was, it just didn’t work

Pint anyone?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 185
DB
November 12, 2022, 6:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I think it’s best we just shut this thread.

We were shite and whatever formation and tactic it was, it just didn’t work

Pint anyone?

Guinness, please

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 185
Grantham_Mariner
November 12, 2022, 6:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
On a train full of Dony fans....

... .they all say they did not expect to win today.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 185
NorthLondonMariner
November 12, 2022, 6:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from golfer
One of the worst game of the season. I have never seen so many leave with 20 minutes to go - but they were the intelligent ones

First time I've left a game early since about 1993. Sod's law I left about 5 seconds before we scored.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 185
TAGG
November 12, 2022, 6:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Was at work and didn't see much of the game on the tv, it must have been bad because my mate who I gave my ST to sent me a txt asking for a refund!!!

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 185
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.