19 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
November 15, 2022, 5:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Finally plucked up the courage to watch the highlights. We were poor all over the pitch, simple as that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 185
Phil the cod
November 15, 2022, 6:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from chaos33
What are you ‘expressing an opinion about’ by booing?
That would be my point. Booing is for children at pantomimes.

So, you’re either expressing your displeasure and disagreement with the players who ‘take the knee’ because they want to oppose racism, or you oppose the BLM cause, or something else. Why does it require a person to make a noise ? If you are in one of two camps, why not just remain silent and let them make their choice unopposed and without your derision. Our players have stopped doing it now anyway. I’m just puzzled that people seem to have a strong reaction to it (and boo or jeer), and why that occurs. I don’t think people are honest about their motives. Press them on why they are booing and they either can’t tell you or can’t help revealing some form of unpleasant belief.

The facists of the future will call themselves "anti facists" ........ Winston Churchill.
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 185
ska face
November 15, 2022, 7:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from Phil the cod

The facists of the future will call themselves "anti facists" ........ Winston Churchill.

https://winstonchurchill.hillsdale.edu/fascists-anti-fascists/
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 185
chaos33
November 15, 2022, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Owned him.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 185
Norseman
November 15, 2022, 11:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from chaos33
What are you ‘expressing an opinion about’ by booing?
That would be my point. Booing is for children at pantomimes.

So, you’re either expressing your displeasure and disagreement with the players who ‘take the knee’ because they want to oppose racism, or you oppose the BLM cause, or something else. Why does it require a person to make a noise ? If you are in one of two camps, why not just remain silent and let them make their choice unopposed and without your derision. Our players have stopped doing it now anyway. I’m just puzzled that people seem to have a strong reaction to it (and boo or jeer), and why that occurs. I don’t think people are honest about their motives. Press them on why they are booing and they either can’t tell you or can’t help revealing some form of unpleasant belief.

Because people are entitled to express an opinion about a gesture they disagree with .I do wholeheartedly disagree with the BLM movement .As all the kneeling only started when that lot piped up that's the reason people boo .Are people who boo a poor ref not entitled to .,or a player that's feigned injury .Nowhere have I said players shouldn't kneel .My point is people should have the right to voice their disapproval .It's called democracy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 185
chaos33
November 16, 2022, 6:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
I’m not sure what the first bit of your post means.

Nobody is saying you’re not entitled to an opinion, and booing the ref or a player feigning injury is different, and this is the key bit, to booing your own players, who have made a decision to take the knee because, and they very clearly stated why, they want to show their support for the notion of anti racism. They haven’t said they’re subversives, or cultural Marxists or the f@cking wokerrati or some other utter cobblers. If you believe in democracy and people expressing their opinion, let them do it without your derision. Nobody’s saying you can’t boo, or asking you to join in, or put money in a box, or anything else. Just respect their decision.

We know you really think it’s ‘virtue signalling’ anyway, and I think you couldn’t really give a convincing and detailed description of what that is. And, that’s another response I wouldn’t say to our players.

Still, our players have made their point and we don’t do it now, but with the World Cup imminent, loads of these issues will arise again no doubt.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 185
19 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.