8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
November 4, 2022, 5:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
I will not watch one minute of this debacle. I really hope it’s the biggest failure of all time. A disgraceful decision to hold it there

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 74
jaygy
November 4, 2022, 7:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
It'll be interesting to see which sponsors have no moral fibre and still have their product and signage adorning the stadia 🤔 I don't support this world Cup one bit and, although I'll be interested to watch some live football on terrestrial TV, I won't be going out of my way to book time off work and change my personal life around it as I do for every other major tournament.

Imo it's going to be a dark month for football and I really hope some of these mega stars haven't been taking one knee whilst also supporting gay rights etc just to throw it all away selling their souls in Qatar. Over to you Harry Kane and others......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 74
supertown
November 4, 2022, 7:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
I will watch it and cheer my home nation on , it’s not the players fault where it’s being played .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 74
fishboyUTM
November 4, 2022, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
There's no buzz and the tournament is a couple of weeks away. I've a ticket for the final in the unlikely event we make it, was easy to get and I'm a low capper nowadays with the club.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 74
Phil the cod
November 4, 2022, 7:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from supertown
I will watch it and cheer my home nation on , it’s not the players fault where it’s being played .

The players, just for once could become legends and role models by saying screw this, were not prepared to play in this backward evil country, I would be so proud of them.
Instead,they will take the money and conform to the fa line of "keep politics out of sport" unfortunately, everything is politics.
Qatar makes places like Russia look like like a liberal Scandinavian utopia.
Obviously,the fans opinion doesn't matter as always, not one single person I know thinks it should be held here.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 74
toontown
November 4, 2022, 7:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Obviously Qatar should never have got the tournament and it was blatant corruption that they did. I'm also far less interested than normal and have even arranged to do other things for a couple of the England group matches, which is pretty unheard of. However I'm sure I will get a bit into it once it starts and watch a few games.

Maybe it will have lower viewing figures in European countries than normal which may help prevent it happening again, fingers crossed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 74
louth_in_the_south
November 4, 2022, 8:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
** news flash **

It’s not about real fans anymore

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 74
Rick12
November 5, 2022, 8:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Meza
Part of me thinks some maybe aren’t bothered by the WC but I don’t think I’ve seen/read so many players injured before.  

Sad to see Paul Pogba is out. France were my pre tournament favourites but now Iam having doubts.

As for players possibly not being bothered about the world cup I don't see it for many even if it is in Qatar. For most winning the world cup is another level to anything with the club's. I think it was Xavi the ex Barcelona player that said winning the world cup with Spain surpassed anything with Barcelona and Barca represent for a fair few fans their expression of wanting Catalonian independence from Spain. Indeed the Spanish national team have not  played in the Camp Nou since 1969.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 74
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
November 5, 2022, 10:07am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
I am not as interested about it as I usually am. I will watch England games and maybe a few others.

The award of the tournament to Qatar was a disgrace and should have led to nations resigning from FIFA and the collapse of a governing body which does not and has never governed for the benefit of the game.

As for this tournament and the players, they should play the games and that is it. No pre-match and post match interviews and all the usual stuff. Turn up at the stadium, play the game, leave the stadium, end of. I fail to see what 'punishment' FIFA can possibly apply, unless they kick you out of the tournament, thus diminishing their 'product' and probably increasing the kudos of the banned team.

On a personal level, as I have said, I'll watch the games. I am making a concerted effort to boycott any companies using WC Qatar branding to try and sell their products, particularly those companies which claim to be 'the official [insert product here] of the Qatar World Cup'

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 74
MarinerWY
November 5, 2022, 10:42am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
Have I Got News for You last night is well worth a watch, Gary Neville was hosting and gets an absolute roasting for taking Qatari money to commentate out there. He absolutely squirmed.

Great watch primarily to see someone rightly called out for being a hypocrite and morally defunct when money is involved, but especially cos its the Salford 'buy success' sharp object Gary Neville
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › World Cup Qatar

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.