3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
November 2, 2022, 12:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
We may not have asked Plymouth, but this would probably be a game where there is no incentive for Plymouth to agree. A reduction for a game at Wednesday would mean more of their fans might travel and it’s massive ground so the reduction could actually increase gate receipts.

A reduction to a tenner at BP would make feck all difference to their travelling support number, would mean we had a partisan 6k crowd behind us in a small ground and would reduce their revenue share unless the crowd was going to be as low as 3k - I would expect them to say no.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
Zmariner
November 2, 2022, 2:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
An interesting one, I expect I will get a ticket last minute. The problem is that the home games this season Have been at best Luke warm. The Bradford game was a good one but in all of the games it seems desperately difficult for us to score. Clearly a statement of the obvious but the team at home does not carry much threat
That said I am eternally grateful to be back in the football league and having had a look at the National league table I would be very surprised if we would have kept pace with the leaders this season, the top three Have lost about six games between them.
I have faith in Hurst to fix this and I think he will find another Taylor style forward.

I do not believe we need a high scoring forward but we lack pace and are very predictable. We are blessed that the midfielders Have been scoring. For me the last two results had been coming, we have been lucky in some of the away games and this was a bit of payback.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
Les Brechin
November 2, 2022, 2:47pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Zmariner
An interesting one, I expect I will get a ticket last minute. The problem is that the home games this season Have been at best Luke warm. The Bradford game was a good one but in all of the games it seems desperately difficult for us to score. Clearly a statement of the obvious but the team at home does not carry much threat
That said I am eternally grateful to be back in the football league and having had a look at the National league table I would be very surprised if we would have kept pace with the leaders this season, the top three Have lost about six games between them.
I have faith in Hurst to fix this and I think he will find another Taylor style forward.

I do not believe we need a high scoring forward but we lack pace and are very predictable. We are blessed that the midfielders Have been scoring. For me the last two results had been coming, we have been lucky in some of the away games and this was a bit of payback.

Surely we don't need another "Taylor style" forward!!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
Hagrid
November 2, 2022, 4:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from denni266
Not going . watch enough of hurst`s 10 man defence and, one on his own keeping their keeper company

you wont be missed.

wondered why you'd been so quiet recently, amongst others who only seem to post when we arent winning
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
fishcake63
November 2, 2022, 4:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Some people expect us to be top of the league & some just dont like the fact paul hurst is doing a good job , as for the plymouth game i think we will turn them over they will make 6/7 changes so nothing to be afraid of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
denni266
November 2, 2022, 6:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Hagrid

you wont be missed.

wondered why you'd been so quiet recently, amongst others who only seem to post when we arent winning

I been quiate because i been giving them time to adjust , others have not so have a pop at them . I did notice that you have had a bit of stick on here But i did not join in having a go as i respect other fans views even if they dont match with mine .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
lew chaterleys lover
November 2, 2022, 6:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,777
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Hagrid

you wont be missed.

I tend to post more when things are not going as well.

On the upside it means when I don't post much things are going swimmingly.

I don't believe in never being critical if things should be better otherwise we wouldn't have debates.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
Hagrid
November 2, 2022, 6:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from denni266

I been quiate because i been giving them time to adjust , others have not so have a pop at them . I did notice that you have had a bit of stick on here But i did not join in having a go as i respect other fans views even if they dont match with mine .

Thats fair enough and i apologise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
MarinerRob
November 2, 2022, 7:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
I won't be able to get there due to the rail strikes which is a right pain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
WelwynGardener
November 2, 2022, 8:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 6
But for the train strike I would probably have made the journey. But driving 155 miles each way in foul weather now it's dark soon after 5pm is not my idea of pleasure. I also have to pick and choose my hotel stays as the financial burden is becoming more difficult as costs rise. Good luck to the Mariners in this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Saturday's attendance against Plymouth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.