Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 258 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 9,564 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
October 26, 2022, 12:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from diehardmariner

Wild's also a very, very good manager.  

Overperformed at Halifax, overperforming at Barrow now as well.  The only slight stain on his copybook is at Oldham, where he left with a decent record and he's gone on record as saying he knew it was a poisoned chalice.  I like his honesty in that.  Boyhood club or not, smart enough to recognise the situation.

I think a few clubs will fall victim of underestimating him and his team this season, also won't surprise me if he's snapped up again in the summer.

May have been relatively successful at small poorly supported clubs but his style of football is dire to watch and unlikely to be accepted at a higher level. Please don’t anyone ever suggest him as a future manager here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 78
diehardmariner
October 26, 2022, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
He was linked when Jolley got sacked in 2019.  Worked out ok though as we got Holloway...

Probably a bit harsh to judge him on the style he's adopting when with a very limited budget.  Be interesting to see how he sets up when he's got more money/resources.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 78
forza ivano
October 26, 2022, 1:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
beginning to wonder if 1 or 2 clubs might be looking at Crocombe (& harry) in January. was very competent and composed last night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 78
FishOutOfWater
October 26, 2022, 1:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Chrisblor

It was very similar to Halifax away last season (same opposition manager and also on a Tuesday night) - we looked rubbish and created little, they spent the whole game hassling us and nicked a goal through a penalty. Think Wild's just figured out how to counter Hurst's usual tactics.

I can see that comparison although I'd have said we were definitely better against Halifax before they got that pen to win it

Me & my lad thought last night was more akin to the Solihull away game.... that was distinctly underwhelming

Hey ho.... last night is history and the best response now is to put Hartlepool to the sword.

Two up top for me though please as Taylor in isolation won't pose enough of a goal threat there

UTM ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 78
Mariner_09
October 26, 2022, 2:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I thought it was comfortably worse than both Solihull and Halifax away last season. Before their second at Solihull, we looked like we might be about to equalise, Michee forced a good save, we had one cleared off the line. At Halifax, it was a very close, tight game that was won by fine margins. McAtee had a one-on-one chance saved, Pearson had a stonewall pen turned down. Last night, we had nothing that resembled anything like those chances, we didn't even compete.

Suppose it's a positive, given how awful we were, that it was settled by 1 goal born of iffy defending.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 78
rancido
October 26, 2022, 3:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from ska face
You should’ve watched Bake Off, gents.

......or cut your grass under floodlighting!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 78
moosey_club
October 26, 2022, 5:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
Still fuming...haha....the one thing that grates me most is that whilst the individuals had off days which is hard to allow for we should have changed shape/ approach.
We had the Cropper bomb to utilise so push two up top and play them towards the channels, gain yards, play for throw in positions. Every other team who has that weapon does the same ...but we get the use of it and play narrow, don't have a winger and play the ball centrally.

Rant over.

I am now calm.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 78
MrsMariner
October 26, 2022, 7:46pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +449
Gold Stars: 1
I feared the worst when I saw Green Morris & Holohan on the team sheet has it ever worked with those 3 all in the team. Just asking I don't have any stats or anything and nothing against any of them individually all good players in their own right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 78
ska face
October 26, 2022, 7:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from MrsMariner
I feared the worst when I saw Green Morris & Holohan on the team sheet has it ever worked with those 3 all in the team. Just asking I don't have any stats or anything and nothing against any of them individually all good players in their own right.

Draws against Northampton & Sutton, wins against Crewe, Rochdale and Walsall?

Forest aside, we’ve only lost once (away at Orient) when those three have started together.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 78
MrsMariner
October 26, 2022, 7:59pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +449
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ska face

Draws against Northampton & Sutton, wins against Crewe, Rochdale and Walsall?

Forest aside, we’ve only lost once (away at Orient) when those three have started together.

That blows my theory out the water then  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.