Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket - Bring a Friend to designated game
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 257 Guests

Season Ticket - Bring a Friend to designated game

This thread currently has 2,856 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
October 24, 2022, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
I've not got them to hand but in the season ticket voucher book there was a voucher which was along the lines of bring a friend for free (or could be a fiver) to a designated game.  I've not seen anything mentioned when this is going to be but I think there's a danger we're going to run out of time on this one...

In the league, this isn't looking likely to be feasible just by the number of a) season tickets we're selling and b) the demand for individual tickets we've got.  

Even if this is spread across the remaining league home games of the season (16 I think), with circa. 5800 season tickets sold that's at least 360 seats that need allocating for each game.  

Cup games are a potential option but prices have been announced for Plymouth and the remaining EFL Trophy game against Man City's kids.  I guess for the Plymouth game it would require support from the away side and then for the City game I'd guess it'll be met with a roar of disapproval as it's for a game the vast majority will boycott.

No guarantee that we're going to a home fixture in either competition beyond either of the two aforementioned games either.  

Of course, the demand wasn't expected this summer.  But the club probably need to address this one asap before it's too late.
Private Message
Lost in Lincoln
October 24, 2022, 12:25pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
I think it's a tenner.  I'm going on my (fast fading) memory though

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 18
pizzzza
October 24, 2022, 1:02pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
If a shortage of availability means I cannot use my bring a friend for a fiver voucher this season then I'll gladly tear it up now.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
bradzmilne
October 24, 2022, 1:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
There’s rules surrounding the use these types of offers and cup fixtures due to how the ticketing revenue is split.

Will have to be a league game which under current circumstances is not viable.

Be interesting to see what the club do

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
golfer
October 24, 2022, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Who would I take - I don't have any friends. Don't all rush at once but would anybody like to be my friend ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Poojah
October 24, 2022, 2:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,880
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from golfer
Who would I take - I don't have any friends. Don't all rush at once but would anybody like to be my friend ?

Depends if the drugs are included or if I have to buy them myself.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
DB
October 24, 2022, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from golfer

No problem mate, just send me 2 dozen cans of draught Guinness, 3 cases red wine and a Christmas hamper from Harrods

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
golfer
October 25, 2022, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from DB

No problem mate, just send me 2 dozen cans of draught Guinness, 3 cases red wine and a Christmas hamper from Harrods

On their way DB. Can I come round for tea before the match - shall I bring my train set as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
diehardmariner
October 25, 2022, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza
If a shortage of availability means I cannot use my bring a friend for a fiver voucher this season then I'll gladly tear it up now.

No I agree.  I'd happily do the same, in fact it's highly unlikely I'll redeem it.  If I remember correctly vouchers of this ilk or very similar are always included in the season ticket packs and I've very rarely taken advantage of them.  

It was raised on a recent interview with Debbie Cook, can't remember if it was via Humberside or DN35 Podcast, with no real answer given.

My point was more that I think the club should at least acknowledge that they may need to scratch it off.  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
diehardmariner
February 23, 2023, 2:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Club have just announced that the Newport game on Tuesday 7th March is one of the 'Bring a Buddy' games, suggesting there will be others.  Fiver for the extra ticket.

Vouchers only redeemable over the phone or in person which will no doubt cause a few issues.  But fair play to the club for going back to this.

https://gtfc.co.uk/ticketing-update-newport-county-rochdale-sutton-united-walsall/
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket - Bring a Friend to designated game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.