Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 264 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 12,440 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
fishcake63
October 8, 2022, 7:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Certainly the worse we have played at home so far & yet we take 3 points did someone say funny old game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 79
golfer
October 8, 2022, 7:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Quagmire
MOM:  Their keeper, thought he had a cracking game for us today 👏

Our keeper was man of match. 2 excellent saves, collected the ball well and vast improvement in his distribution. No comparison between the 2 keepers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 79
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 8, 2022, 7:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Weird game, the crawley side was a very 'coaching badges' team, well coached in passing and positioning but looked like the players werent thinking for themselves or adapting to the game.

We seemed to take our foot off the pedal too much after our first and were lucky that comical goal was ruled offside. Second half was alright really, just seemed happier to let crawley faff about then hit them on the counter.

Positives for me were holohan looked renergised and did well. I liked kiernan playing off taylor, seemed to find himself in great positions to break through their defence many times but still would like to see if he can find more end product. Smith looked back on form too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 79
ginnywings
October 8, 2022, 7:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Weird game, the crawley side was a very 'coaching badges' team, well coached in passing and positioning but looked like the players werent thinking for themselves or adapting to the game.

We seemed to take our foot off the pedal too much after our first and were lucky that comical goal was ruled offside. Second half was alright really, just seemed happier to let crawley faff about then hit them on the counter.

Positives for me were holohan looked renergised and did well. I liked kiernan playing off taylor, seemed to find himself in great positions to break through their defence many times but still would like to see if he can find more end product. Smith looked back on form too.

Good phrase to describe them that. They seemed casual almost to the point of arrogance at times, especially first half.

At the beginning of the game, I thought that they were either a very good side, totally confident in themselves, or are naive to the point of stupidity. Given their league position and their soft underbelly on show today, it seems to be the latter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 79
DB
October 8, 2022, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
When you play badly and score 3 goals it's a sign of a team that's going places. We've played a hell of a lot better and lost. Stockport and Bradford will be the telling matches as to how far we have progressed and if we will be heading for a promotion spot.

12 games gone, 1/4 of the season, and we are 2 point off a playoff place. Not bad for some pundits who had us as relegation fodder. With injured players we're not firing on all cylinders, barely 1 today, but when they return we will have something to look forward to.

The next marker will be after the Christmas games and hopefully, with a full uninjured squad, we should be in the promotion places. Going up, definitely for me.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 79
Theimperialcoroner
October 8, 2022, 7:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from ginnywings

Good phrase to describe them that. They seemed casual almost to the point of arrogance at times, especially first half.

At the beginning of the game, I thought that they were either a very good side, totally confident in themselves, or are naive to the point of stupidity. Given their league position and their soft underbelly on show today, it seems to be the latter.

I watched a lot of second tier football in the US and it’s like that. Teams coached well beyond the ability of the players. It didn’t make for particularly entertaining game. I’d have loved to compare it to MLS but that only arrived in Charlotte this year.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 79
pontoonlew
October 8, 2022, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Phil the cod
Agree with most of the above, Smith mom imho, the critism of Kiernan is a bit harsh, yes, he failed to make the killer pass once or twice, but his running off the ball and pace up front kept Thier defense on Thier toes all game, if he had it all he'd not be in l2 would he? I think sometimes people expect a bit too much from players at this level of football.
Jmd did a lot less than Kiernan today but not one mention of this.

It’s fine saying ‘if he had it all he’d not be here’ but he has extremely little, there’s no excuse for a professional footballer to misplace almost every cross and shot he has.

He gets into good positions, that’s about his lot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 79
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 8, 2022, 7:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Very poor game and I still can’t determine what our style of football is, or is meant to be. Bizarre that you win 3-0 but leave the stadium feeling down as we just didn’t put together any decent moves. Kiernan just not good enough and it’s unlike Hurst not to identify pretty quickly when he’s got a signing wrong but to keep selecting this guy ahead of Orsi is baffling.

Surprised to hear the guy on RH suggesting that bringing Green on made the difference as he doesn’t even look capable of running never mind playing. Disappointed with a few of Hurst’s signings but Green and Kiernan just don’t look good enough.

Oh well still 3 points and we can obviously play better than we did today so moaning over and now will just enjoy the fact we won 3 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 79
aldi_01
October 8, 2022, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Awful game fir an hour and arguably our worst performance so far. Crawley were dreadful barring one half decent shot which was easily saved although Max made it look significantly harder.

We’re a better side with Green and Taylor in the side. Taylor took his goal well and Peppel worked hard and probably deserved the goal himself.

I’d agree that Crawley looked overly coached but had little to offer. Who on earth said the number 50 was a footballer has never seen football.

Smith back to his usual self, Glennon played well as did Taylor. Kiernan…I’ll refrain from saying what I think and just say I’m glad he goes back in January.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 79
Andy_worldwide_mariner
October 8, 2022, 8:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +104
Very pleased with the three points, which I what I was hoping for given Crawley's recent form. The first half certainly didn't turn out how I expected. An early goal for once and an excellent one at that which from my angle in the Upper, looked very much set for Khan rather than Glennon. Brilliant start.

But then Crawley got hold of the ball and didn't look like a side struggling at the wrong end of the table. For all their possession and neat football, I didn't feel that that were on the cusp of scoring. Having said that, we couldn't get hold of the ball and equally I couldn't see us scoring further goals.

Second half we looked more solid in midfield. Holohan marked their no. 9 (Nicholls) out of the game, which seem to turn the tide as in the first half he dropped into pockets to receive the ball and made things happen.

Honourable mentions for Green who I thought got stuck in when he came on and also for Crocombe who made a wonderful save in the 2nd half and looked very comfortable in his 18 yard box.

3 points is 3 points and I would have taken a 3-0 without any qualms prior to the game.

On we go, UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.