2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
September 21, 2022, 12:19pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from The Yard Dog

The game I was at last night was against Mansfield, but like you said thet were some good performances.

Missed a comma.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
DB
September 21, 2022, 12:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
I think all 3 games are winnable but I would settle for 7 points out of 9. Hurst commented last week that he would see where we are in 4 weeks' time, which takes us up to the middle of October and 25% of the season gone.

At the moment we're looking good, 1 point off the playoffs and a game in hand. Some teams have managed 2 promotions on the bounce and I hope it's going to happen for us this season.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Mariner_09
September 21, 2022, 12:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from DB
I think all 3 games are winnable but I would settle for 7 points out of 9. Hurst commented last week that he would see where we are in 4 weeks' time, which takes us up to the middle of October and 25% of the season gone.

At the moment we're looking good, 1 point off the playoffs and a game in hand. Some teams have managed 2 promotions on the bounce and I hope it's going to happen for us this season.

I'd settle for 5, although I think we're due some luck at Salford this season. We were the better side in that 30-35 mins against Carlisle in August and Swindon seem like us, don't score many and are hard to beat.

Think at that point we will see where we really are, game in hand played, couple of games against some of the fancied teams. The table will be meaningful by that stage. We're going to have to manufacture a greater cutting edge from somewhere, whether that's Richardson getting properly up to speed or Khan coming into the side, we'll have to score more goals to maintain our current position until McAtee is fit again. If we're something like when he's back then I think the top seven is a genuine possibility.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Son of Cod
September 21, 2022, 3:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah

I’ve no idea how I’m gonna square this with the missus. Anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

Haha, I pushed it to the limit last season. My advice would be to pretend you really care about England games and then opt to spend time with your missus instead of watching them. Also don't do what I did and say you definitely aren't going to Wrexham away when it sells out because there's a chance you'll get a ticket two days before the match and have to start a conversation with "you know that really important playoff match that I said I definitely couldn't get a ticket for...?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Mariner_09
September 21, 2022, 3:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Son of Cod

Haha, I pushed it to the limit last season. My advice would be to pretend you really care about England games and then opt to spend time with your missus instead of watching them. Also don't what I did and say you definitely aren't going to Wrexham away when it sells out because there's a chance you'll get a ticket two days before the match and have to start a conversation with "you know that really important playoff match that I said I definitely couldn't get a ticket for...?"

Tbf, I still don't know how I got those Wrexham tickets. A mystery to me, I was convinced that queue would crash just at the wrong moment for me!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
TownSNAFU5
September 21, 2022, 4:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Poojah, hard to get a ticket for Harrogate away as demand will well exceed supply.

As you live in Leeds, you could register with Harrogate Town as a member of the club.  This would help you get a home ticket for when we play them at Christmas.  Assuming not getting a ticket for the home end.

My Town STH mate (who also lives in York) registered with Harrogate as a home fan successfully.  I will also do so as a contingency.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
Poojah
September 21, 2022, 4:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Poojah, hard to get a ticket for Harrogate away as demand will well exceed supply.

As you live in Leeds, you could register with Harrogate Town as a member of the club.  This would help you get a home ticket for when we play them at Christmas.  Assuming not getting a ticket for the home end.

My Town STH mate (who also lives in York) registered with Harrogate as a home fan successfully.  I will also do so as a contingency.

Yep, already done. I’ll be there one way or another.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
Lost in Lincoln
September 21, 2022, 5:22pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Where did he do this? Asking for a friend...

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 18
lukeo
September 21, 2022, 5:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I was going to try go to Wimbledon but I don't know I will now as I was going to pre book train tickets in advance! Now I've seen this about the world cup imm having second thoughts !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Three Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.