This thread currently has 2,616 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
September 21, 2022, 9:18am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Will really tell us where we are. Two tough but winnable home games followed by a very difficult looking trip to Salford. Five or more points will push our credentials even more in the right direction. Personally think Hurst will play his normal 1st choice squad on Saturday with some changes for those while impressed last night, in against Carlisle. As for which games we get points in, I’ve genuinely got no clue but I’m gonna enjoy the ride.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner Timsky
September 21, 2022, 10:02am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Was just thinking if we could end the month unbeaten we will be in a very good place after 10 games - its certainly possible with Swindon at home Sat and Carlisle on Tuesday - I'd take a draw and our first home win out of one of them two games

October another huge month with four tough away days

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Poojah
September 21, 2022, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
I was looking through the fixture list last night and it occurred to me that the next six Saturday / bank holiday away games all look really tasty from an away day perspective.

Being based in Leeds, Salford and Stockport are practically round the corner whilst my wife’s family live in North Yorkshire so it’s a relatively hassle free option to drop her and the kids off there and jump on a 20 odd minute train to Hartlepool from there. Whilst not an obvious one, there are some surprisingly decent boozers in Hartlepool by the ground.

After that is a trip to Wimbledon. Always love a London away game plus there’s the added bonus of it being a new ground next to their old gaff on Plough Lane.

Then it’s Mansfield, another relatively easy one to get to and one I’ve always tended to do in recent years. That takes us all the way up to Boxing Day and my closest trip of the season to Harrogate, assuming I can get a ticket.

With home games interspersed that works out as the next fourteen Saturdays / bank holidays where I’d really like to be at the match. It’s not until Crawley on the 7th Jan where I see a non-midweek fixture that I’m not that fussed about and even that has the potential to be an FA Cup 3rd round cup game.

I’ve no idea how I’m gonna square this with the missus. Anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Abdul19
September 21, 2022, 10:59am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
The worry with Wimbledon is it could clash with England's second round World Cup game, which I'm guessing would mean a (late) postponement?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Poojah
September 21, 2022, 11:01am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
The worry with Wimbledon is it could clash with England's second round World Cup game, which I'm guessing would mean a (late) postponement?

Christ, I’d not even thought of the World Cup. I’m seriously going to end up with my worldly possessions in a black bin liner again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Mariner_09
September 21, 2022, 11:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Abdul19

Maybe, the England game will kick off at 5.00 or 7.00 in which case we might get the game moved to 12.30 or a 1.00 KO?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Poojah
September 21, 2022, 11:26am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09

Maybe, the England game will kick off at 5.00 or 7.00 in which case we might get the game moved to 12.30 or a 1.00 KO?

If we finish second in the group it will be 3pm UK time on the Saturday which would clash with Wimbledon.

In a group comprising of Iran, USA and Wales we should be topping the group however, so it should in theory be a non-issue. Never that straightforward with England of course.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
The Yard Dog
September 21, 2022, 11:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Will really tell us where we are. Two tough but winnable home games followed by a very difficult looking trip to Salford. Five or more points will push our credentials even more in the right direction. Personally think Hurst will play his normal 1st choice squad on Saturday with some changes for those while impressed last night against Carlisle. As for which games we get points in, I’ve genuinely got no clue but I’m gonna enjoy the ride.

The game I was at last night was against Mansfield, but like you said thet were some good performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Mariner_09
September 21, 2022, 11:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Poojah

If we finish second in the group it will be 3pm UK time on the Saturday which would clash with Wimbledon.

In a group comprising of Iran, USA and Wales we should be topping the group however, so it should in theory be a non-issue. Never that straightforward with England of course.

Wonder if they just call the Wimbledon game off altogether then and it gets dumped on a freezing Tuesday night in February

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Poojah
September 21, 2022, 11:59am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09

Wonder if they just call the Wimbledon game off altogether then and it gets dumped on a freezing Tuesday night in February

I imagine they’ll wait and see. England’s last group game is on the Tuesday before and it’s possible (if unlikely) our fate could be determined one way or another before then.

Enough time to postpone fixtures without causing any financial harm to clubs I’d have thought.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Three Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.