3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Manchester Mariner
September 9, 2022, 4:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
I just assumed the done thing was that everything got cancelled the weekend after the queens death but it turns out that's not the case at all with pretty much all other sports carrying on. There seems to be no reasoning at all behind it apart from yet another madshit decision solely from the football authorities be it the FA, PL, EFL or National League. You can't even blame the government or royal family, just the disconnected from normality 'fellas round the table' at English football HQ's.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
chipsandgravy
September 9, 2022, 4:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Whilst not a royalists by any means I do have tremendous respect towards the Queen for her selfless service to this country. However in reflection I would much rather the match goes ahead. Bang her picture on the big screen, black armbands,  a two minute silence which I am sure will be impeccably observed. These offer me more chance for me to pay my respect than staying at home and watching Netflix or the Test match.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Poojah
September 9, 2022, 4:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,889
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Whilst not a royalists by any means I do have tremendous respect towards the Queen for her selfless service to this country. However in reflection I would much rather the match goes ahead. Bang her picture on the big screen, black armbands,  a two minute silence which I am sure will be impeccably observed. These offer me more chance for me to pay my respect than staying at home and watching Netflix or the Test match.

100%. Of course there will be a minute or two of silence when football resumes but with some of the rawness gone I don’t think it will be as moving.

It’s an own goal for me, but you can’t please everyone. I think football’s negative reputation, fair or otherwise, left those in charge to scared to rock the boat.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
The Yard Dog
September 9, 2022, 6:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Just shows how out of touch the governing bodies are, not surprised by the decision the FA, Premiership & National league are they are run by muppets.  These muppets allowed Man Utd & West Ham to play on the day our Queen died, as not to upset UFEA, but the ordinary folk of this country have miss out, when they is much going on at the moment, sport is a good distraction.

A massive own goal, a missed opportunity for the football family to show our respect to the Queen when emotions are raw and real. It will not feel the same when we are allowed back to show our respect.

God bless your Majesty, rest in peace.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Lost in Lincoln
September 9, 2022, 7:59pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
National league too.

I suppose Scunny won't get gubbed, bright side for them.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 26
GrimRob
September 9, 2022, 9:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

I suppose Scunny won't get gubbed, bright side for them.

They have a 90-minute silence at Scunthorpe every home game

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 26
Posh Harry
September 10, 2022, 7:03am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Just shows how out of touch the governing bodies are, not surprised by the decision the FA, Premiership & National league are they are run by muppets.  These muppets allowed Man Utd & West Ham to play on the day our Queen died, as not to upset UFEA, but the ordinary folk of this country have miss out, when they is much going on at the moment, sport is a good distraction.

A massive own goal, a missed opportunity for the football family to show our respect to the Queen when emotions are raw and real. It will not feel the same when we are allowed back to show our respect.

God bless your Majesty, rest in peace.

UTM

I don’t disagree with the sentiment of what you have said and a minutes silence would be a good way of people being able to show their respects, but the Man U and West Ham games had thousands of fans that had come from overseas to see them (and not just Man U fans), so I think that had to be taken into consideration
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › EFL and Premier league games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.