September 8, 2022, 11:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Are all the banknotes still valid?

There’s probably no need to change the banknotes is there?

It’s often said that over 90% of banknotes in this country have traces of Charlie on them already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 66
petethemariner
September 8, 2022, 11:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16

There’s probably no need to change the banknotes is there?

It’s often said that over 90% of banknotes in this country have traces of Charlie on them already.

On a  historic and  very sad day i have to admit that made me laugh out loud !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 66
aldi_01
September 9, 2022, 6:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rick12
It's her sudden demise which got me  which I thought she would of overcome. I've been in care homes and you get people who are over 100. With them it was gradual demise which is what I thought would of happened to our queen.

A good role model and state leader for me and Iam sure plenty of others .

I don’t think it was sudden to be fair, since her husband pooped his clogs she’s gone down hill and I suspect she’s been ill for quite some time. It was clear, with the announcement yesterday that she was going to die yesterday. I’m no royalist, far from it, I’d abolish the lot but I do read about them and the protocols etc. and they rarely give updates on the reigning monarchs health. They did it when she had covid and now this,

I think and hope this is the end of the monarchy in its current guise and they shift towards a more modern and open royal family, I mean Charles offering his brother to the police and the FBI would be a start but I won’t hold my breath.

She did her bit in the war but let’s not forget that her old man took some serious persuading by Churchill to stick around, not her fault but they could’ve gone had Churchill not done that. I’m certainly not buying the idea that she helped to keep our dear and great country ours. No more than my great grandad doing his bit. Collective success perhaps but she can’t claim anything more, nor would she to be honest.

An old lady has died, she’s led a varied life and along the way, regardless of what anyone says, she’s made mistakes. She’s done some good but was in a position that if anyone of us were, they would’ve done the same.

It’s hard to fully support the idea of national mourning and the likes when huge swathes of geriatric folk will be freezing and dying this winter. That children will go hungry and we still have the most embarrassing government, all whilst a crown worth so much it’s impossible to value will sit atop a box draped in a flag for us all to walk past should we wish…

Still, and I will say this, the image of her sat there, alone, at her husbands funeral should be a stark reminder to everyone jjst how disgusting, vile and downright opprobrious our government is. The countries monarch sat alone, following the rules, refusing the relaxation of rules to accommodate her husbands funeral, choosing to take the same path as you and I probably gained her some support in her final year…meanwhile her government, our government didn’t give a flying intercourse.

So whilst I’d abolish the monarchy, seeing democratically voted officials and their lackies just tossing it off and behaving like entitles little girl privates is something I’d equally like to see the back of. What a truly incompetent and contemptuous government.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
GtfcGarner
September 9, 2022, 7:19am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from aldi_01

I don’t think it was sudden to be fair, since her husband pooped his clogs she’s gone down hill and I suspect she’s been ill for quite some time. It was clear, with the announcement yesterday that she was going to die yesterday. I’m no royalist, far from it, I’d abolish the lot but I do read about them and the protocols etc. and they rarely give updates on the reigning monarchs health. They did it when she had covid and now this,

I think and hope this is the end of the monarchy in its current guise and they shift towards a more modern and open royal family, I mean Charles offering his brother to the police and the FBI would be a start but I won’t hold my breath.

She did her bit in the war but let’s not forget that her old man took some serious persuading by Churchill to stick around, not her fault but they could’ve gone had Churchill not done that. I’m certainly not buying the idea that she helped to keep our dear and great country ours. No more than my great grandad doing his bit. Collective success perhaps but she can’t claim anything more, nor would she to be honest.

An old lady has died, she’s led a varied life and along the way, regardless of what anyone says, she’s made mistakes. She’s done some good but was in a position that if anyone of us were, they would’ve done the same.

It’s hard to fully support the idea of national mourning and the likes when huge swathes of geriatric folk will be freezing and dying this winter. That children will go hungry and we still have the most embarrassing government, all whilst a crown worth so much it’s impossible to value will sit atop a box draped in a flag for us all to walk past should we wish…

Still, and I will say this, the image of her sat there, alone, at her husbands funeral should be a stark reminder to everyone jjst how disgusting, vile and downright opprobrious our government is. The countries monarch sat alone, following the rules, refusing the relaxation of rules to accommodate her husbands funeral, choosing to take the same path as you and I probably gained her some support in her final year…meanwhile her government, our government didn’t give a flying intercourse.

So whilst I’d abolish the monarchy, seeing democratically voted officials and their lackies just tossing it off and behaving like entitles little girl privates is something I’d equally like to see the back of. What a truly incompetent and contemptuous government.

This, in abundance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
jaygy
September 9, 2022, 7:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Should be King William IMO and I think I'm in the majority thinking that. People will not take to Charles and he will not ever win any popularity contests as the public have long memories
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 66
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 9, 2022, 9:51am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Irony part 2:

Most of us don’t actually understand fully what the terms ‘woke’ and ‘snowflake’ mean.

However, there are people who think they do and have been mouth frothing about it and freedom of speech in The Mail, football forums and village fetes for each of the past 364 days.

Obviously posters on here and wider society will be a mix of pro and anti-monarchy but most - like me - lie somewhere in between. Yet many of those who have spent the last 12 hours calling everyone a wánker for not wanting to spend the next 10 days shuffling around their houses, draped in black and listening to eulogies on loop by the likes of Gyles Brandreth and Christopher Biggins, are now having to indulge the maudlin desires of the minority.

It’s like a massive plot twist, in the shïttest thriller, that the people who were calling everyone else woke snowflakes, were actually the flakiest snowwokes themselves all along.

I shall continue to mourn the sad passing of the Queen with my own private respect during this difficult time.

RIP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
DB
September 9, 2022, 10:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from mariner91

I’m sorry but that is absolutely laughable nonsense. There is nothing that a teenage princess did in the second world war that had any bearing on the outcome of said war and certainly not on whether I, or any others, were born or not.

It’s sad that she’s died, like it is when anybody who isn’t a complete bottom, has died. But the highlighted bit above is just absurd.

I see you took only part of the sentence to highlight. So here is the full sentence.

Those red crossers might not be alive today if it were not for her actions and those like her.

If you read it you will see that I did not say the late Queen had a direct bearing on the outcome of WW2, but she did her bit just like millions of others did. No one person single-handedly won the war, but all the efforts from those who fought, and died in combat to those who worked in the factories and fields jointly did win the war, which the late Queen was one of those millions of people.

I do not always agree with the opinion of others but respect their views. What I do not respect is cheap remarks when people take bits of a sentence and highlight those bit to make a point, without referring to the remaining part of a sentence.  

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
mariner91
September 9, 2022, 10:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB

I see you took only part of the sentence to highlight. So here is the full sentence.

Those red crossers might not be alive today if it were not for her actions and those like her.

If you read it you will see that I did not say the late Queen had a direct bearing on the outcome of WW2, but she did her bit just like millions of others did. No one person single-handedly won the war, but all the efforts from those who fought, and died in combat to those who worked in the factories and fields jointly did win the war, which the late Queen was one of those millions of people.

I do not always agree with the opinion of others but respect their views. What I do not respect is cheap remarks when people take bits of a sentence and highlight those bit to make a point, without referring to the remaining part of a sentence.  

She was a teenage princess ffs. I guarantee you she did not work in any factories or fields and she certainly wasn't storming the beaches of Normandy. It is beyond crackers to claim that doing "her bit" during WW2 has any influence on my existence or anyone else's. Talk about trying to give credit where it isn't due.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 66
heppy88
September 9, 2022, 11:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Neither for, or against the Royalty. But for those of you who are against and can't possibly wait  to share your enlightened wisdom and opinions on the matter, can't you just show a modicum of respect and wait a few more days  ?
Not really showing the Fishy at its best to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 66
Mayaman
September 9, 2022, 11:42am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Is it necessarily disrespectful to play?  Every game could have a minutes silence and a cap at 70 minutes.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Queen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.