September 8, 2022, 9:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Heisenberg

Well said, me too.
I was always a big fan of the queen's speech on Christmas Day. She seemed in ok health then which is why the news of her passing saddens and surprises me .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
Phil the cod
September 8, 2022, 9:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Azimuth
Good night, god bless and thank you Your Majesty!

Those who chose to red cross do so at your leasure, it says more about you than you and your pitiful existance that you are unable to keep a dignified silence!

You can imagine them (the red crossers) sat there in Thier Spiderman underpants jerking off Thier 3 inch penises at the thought of it all.
Clearly scunny fans or pshycophant rabid supporters of the previous regime.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 66
Maringer
September 8, 2022, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Rick12
I was always a big fan of the queen's speech on Christmas Day. She seemed in ok health then which is why the news of her passing saddens and surprises me .

She was 96!

Don't be sad for her - she had a great life. Travelled to pretty much every country on the planet, waited on hand and foot all her life, living in the lap of luxury with top quality food and drink. She will have met some really interesting people (along with the idiots) and has had vast country estates to retreat to when she wasn't making public appearances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
geir
September 8, 2022, 9:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9

Condolences on behalf of Grimsby supporters in Norway.
Queen Elizabeth made an impact on many people around the world. She was, as I see it, a stabilising figure in a society going through a lot of changes in the last decades.
I would not consider myself much of an royalist, but I think Queen Elizabeth will be remembered as one of the most important and loved monarchs in British history. She deserves respect. May she rest in peace. RIP.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
Rick12
September 8, 2022, 9:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Maringer

She was 96!

Don't be sad for her - she had a great life. Travelled to pretty much every country on the planet, waited on hand and foot all her life, living in the lap of luxury with top quality food and drink. She will have met some really interesting people (along with the idiots) and has had vast country estates to retreat to when she wasn't making public appearances.
It's her sudden demise which got me  which I thought she would of overcome. I've been in care homes and you get people who are over 100. With them it was gradual demise which is what I thought would of happened to our queen.

A good role model and state leader for me and Iam sure plenty of others .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
Maringer
September 8, 2022, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
I thought she'd probably last until she was 100 as did her mother, but it might be her husband's death advanced things a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
bradzmilne
September 8, 2022, 10:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
One of those days we will all remember.

With equal happiness and sadness, it’s also one of those days that brings both the best and worst out of different people.

Jonathan Pie hit the nail on the head:
“ There's not being a fan of the Royals (an understandable position), then there's actively celebrating the death of an elderly woman. The second one makes you a very unsavoury person”

Sleep well your Majesty x

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 66
mariner91
September 8, 2022, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB

You also forgot to mention that in the worst days of WW2 she also did her bit to help the nation. Those red crossers might not be alive today if it were not for her actions and those like her. All I can say is they are a lot of selfish bast***ds.

The Queens family stood firm with the nation during WW2, and did not evacuate to Canada, likewise the Queen has done her duty for the nation, regardless of her health. The royal family does cost the nation millions, but it brings into the nation more in tourism etc.

Long live the King

I’m sorry but that is absolutely laughable nonsense. There is nothing that a teenage princess did in the second world war that had any bearing on the outcome of said war and certainly not on whether I, or any others, were born or not.

It’s sad that she’s died, like it is when anybody who isn’t a complete bottom, has died. But the highlighted bit above is just absurd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 66
GYinScuntland
September 8, 2022, 11:15pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
God bless her and it's going to take a while getting used to singing save the King.
I would imagine every single one of us has known only her, that's quite a thought really.
Are all the banknotes still valid?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 8, 2022, 11:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from GYinScuntland
God bless her and it's going to take a while getting used to singing save the King.
I would imagine every single one of us has known only her, that's quite a thought really.
Are all the banknotes still valid?

These banknotes…

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/25/prince-charles-is-said-to-have-been-given-3m-in-qatari-cash

I would have thought so. Charlie 3’s the Riyal deal.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Queen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.