lukeo
September 4, 2022, 4:21am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from TAGG
Put money on Town at the start of the season for automatic promotion and still think the same.

I have us for promotion in my lucky 15 alongside sheff Wednesday, Norwich and Wrexham.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
DB
September 4, 2022, 5:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
I haven't changed my expectations since 5th June. Two words "Going UP".

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 57
fishcake63
September 4, 2022, 7:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
We have nothing to fear but i'm not getting carried away just yet if we finish top 12 i'll be over the moon if we make play offs i'll give paul hurst manager of year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
gtfc98
September 4, 2022, 7:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Expectations at the start of the season were really just to stay up and not get dragged into a relegation fight if we can help it. I'd like to think we can look up rather than over our shoulder now, but it's still very early days and we could have easily been 3-0 down at Rochdale who still haven't picked up a win. Watched their highlights earlier and Quigley looked a real handful, scored 2 and assisted the other.

As a lot of others have said, anything over 14th is a good season.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
September 4, 2022, 9:48am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Worth remembering that we’re 5 unbeaten without McAtee. We couldn’t manage without him last year.

The thing is, come next season he won't be here, and I'm guessing that Smith won't be here also, It's highly probable that Taylor and Pearson won't make the squad next season too, so could it be possible that we will be looking to replace them in the January window?

Reply: 35 - 57
exiledmeggie
September 4, 2022, 9:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -208
Gold Stars: 20
Is it time to think about putting some ice on the Champagne?

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
Oggyfish
September 4, 2022, 11:39am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +39
Based on last season and replacing Scunny, I'd just be happy to take Lincolns place this season and Hulls the following season. 😁UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 57
DB
September 4, 2022, 12:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from 123614

The thing is, come next season he won't be here, and I'm guessing that Smith won't be here also, It's highly probable that Taylor and Pearson won't make the squad next season too, so could it be possible that we will be looking to replace them in the January window?

Being positive and optimistic we might need to replace other players who aren't League 1 quality when we get promoted. While the squad is more than adequate for the challenge this year I wonder if some are up to League 1 standards. There is a large gap between NL and League 1 so I hope most of the squad are up to it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
TheRealJohnLewis
September 4, 2022, 12:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I initially expected us to start strongly as the short closed season will have kept our fitness levels up, with very little time to get unfit, along with the momentum from the end of last season and the club still being on a high. I then thought we would tail off towards the end of the season as fatigue and injuries set in, due to the short pre-season.

With the excellent additions to the squad this season, and now having a deep squad with plenty of cover in most areas, I don't see why this momentum can't continue to the end of the season and fatigue shouldn't be a problem now. My expectations have increased from a mid-table finish to a play-off push.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectations after 6 games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.