Mariner_09
September 3, 2022, 8:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Brazilnut
Just remember last season we started great....all good unbeatable even if we drew some ....same this season ....Will the bottom fall out our world like it did last year ....could make a big difference  them 2 to 2 1/2 months we was shite to where we end up

I can’t see it. Until extra time in the playoffs we were essentially a one man team last season. Of that rubbish run (2 wins in 14 in all competitions) had McAtee unavailable for 10 of them. We were better from when he got injured at King’s Lynn but still chucked in some rubbish results at Barnet and home to Maidenhead. This season, Hursty has successfully upgraded the rest of the squad so we’re not even remotely reliant upon him, the only game we’ve lost was the one he played in. The only positions we’re exposed to an injury is GK and ST. We don’t have a natural replacement for Taylor and I dare say Battersby isn’t ready for a run as a L2 keeper yet. There will of course be a dodgy run somewhere and players will lose form and get injured or suspended but we’re better equipped to deal with those this season.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 57
ncfc_chalky
September 3, 2022, 8:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
Quoted from Poojah

Stick double figures past Scunny and you can have a biscuit.

Notts have a nasty habit of flipping it up against bottom clubs,it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we lost to them tbh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
Poojah
September 3, 2022, 9:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,901
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Notts have a nasty habit of flipping it up against bottom clubs,it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we lost to them tbh

It would me, mate, they are absolutely shíte. Like Dover on ketamine.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 57
MuddyWaters
September 3, 2022, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I want to not be looking over our shoulders. I would like to get to the end of the season with an effective alternative to the departing McAtee rather than relying on that person coming in next summer.

Discipline, team spirit and a will to win means anything is possible.

Worth remembering that we’re 5 unbeaten without McAtee. We couldn’t manage without him last year.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 57
TAGG
September 3, 2022, 9:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Put money on Town at the start of the season for automatic promotion and still think the same.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
ncfc_chalky
September 3, 2022, 9:14pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

It would me, mate, they are absolutely shíte. Like Dover on ketamine.

Every dog has its day though Poojar and it's usually against Notts,if the game is on TV then it's a recipe for disaster (TBF that's unlikely though )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
Poojah
September 3, 2022, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,901
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Every dog has its day though Poojar and it's usually against Notts,if the game is on TV then it's a recipe for disaster (TBF that's unlikely though )

The dog is dead.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
promotion plaice
September 3, 2022, 9:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,085
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Three horse race this season between Wrexham, County and Chesterfield  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 57
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 3, 2022, 9:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
In an alternate universe, Rochdale take their chances (I know there is some conjecture about the number of chances but being there, sat whimpering behind Stevie Crowdson, it felt like a mauling without the kill for 30/40 mins) and we’re bottom after 3 matches with one point.

The Sutton bore draw still follows (we could have played each other until Windrush Britons receive their compensation…and it would still be 0-0) The Fishy, Denni and the fans get restless and we then lose expectedly at Walsall and Newport.

So…enjoy where we currently are. We can push on but if we don’t I won’t cry into my haddocky scraps (I still think we’ll finish lower mid-table but I’m a happy chappy).

We have incredible fans for a town(s) of our size, a great management team and promising owners.

Hurst has a squad that appear to have more technical ability and tactical flexibility than two days ago. If we maintain the incredible work ethic and attitude of the promotion squad then we may make the playoffs.

All I ask as a fan is a management team, players and squad who try their best [snowflake]. For the past 18 months I’ve had that.

Shaun Pearson didn’t even make the squad today but I bet he was spinning his salty, stiff sail like Waltham Windmill both pre and post match.

Team spirit will only get you so far but it goes a hell of a long way at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
ncfc_chalky
September 3, 2022, 9:35pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Three horse race this season between Wrexham, County and Chesterfield  

Only two go up though and there's always a suprise package in the playoffs 😏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectations after 6 games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.