WayneBurnettsJockstrap
September 7, 2022, 8:23pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 123
Taribo West!

Thats the only name I can recall as a must-buy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
Oly1987
September 8, 2022, 5:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,228
Gold Stars: 22
01/02 is an absolute classic, I'd be Town and always get Taribo West and Gazza (who was well passed his best but could light up a pitch for half an hour) on a free transfer. Played from CM2 and normally bought a new FM every 2 or 3 years. Took someone's advice and got FM22 for free through prime so there's something to sink a few hundred hours into. Mostly play as Town but very occasionally I dabble in other teams
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
GollyGTFC
September 8, 2022, 10:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,069
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from 123614
I am a fanatical Football Manager player having owned and played every version since it 1993 when it presented the game then as Championship Manager.

I'm interested to find out how many Fishy people play the game, and if those that do always select Grimsby as their team to manage, and whether they just stick to the team's actual squad, or introduce other players as the seasons go by?

I’m still on CM01/02. There’s an active online community that have done amazing work updating the game. Even I managed to crack part of the code allowing competition frequencies to be altered. i.e. FIFA Club World Cup every year rather than every 2 years as it was in the original game.

I don’t think I’ve ever played at Town though.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 44
September 8, 2022, 3:41pm
Guest User
So I'm interested to find out why 01/02 is seen as the best version of the game so far?
Reply: 43 - 44
jamesgtfc
September 8, 2022, 3:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,054
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from 123614
So I'm interested to find out why 01/02 is seen as the best version of the game so far?

The imaginary legend To Madeira for a start...

01/02 had some brilliant free agents and also struck a balance between detail and quick gameplay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Manager Players

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.