5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
September 2, 2022, 4:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I've played a few but found the last one (on mobile) was really hard so gave up quite quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
Lost in Lincoln
September 2, 2022, 4:24pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from samg
Greatest ever in my opinion was Championship Manager 01/02

Not opinion, it's fact!

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 44
Lost in Lincoln
September 2, 2022, 4:27pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
I've not played it for a good while but was pretty addicted a few years ago. My first version was Championship Manager 2 and I started with Ajax and then Grimsby. I did play a few seasons with Boston once but that was it, only ever played Grimsby (and England when the call came up).

FM2022 is currently free for amazon prime subscribers. You just need an epic account.

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/footballmanager2022

Oooo, is it free?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 44
Manchester Mariner
September 2, 2022, 4:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
I've been clean from any sort of Football manager game for around 10 years now. My horrific addiction started as a kid with the original Kevin Toms Football Manager game in the 80's/90's, it got a bit out of hand as a teenager with Premier Manager 2 and then went into full blown weeks/months/years of my life lost with Championship Manager/Football Manager.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
Kris2
September 2, 2022, 4:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
played a fair few including FM22. The first game called Football Manager I actually played was Football Manager 2 on the Spectrum but it has nothing to do with the later game. Played Championship Manager 99/00 which was my first on PC then Championship Manager 4, which was a farce but it kind of made it fun to play in the same way FM15 was fun because of all the random stuff that could happen in matches. I've played Town a lot but also enjoyed the more recent advent of mods that add in lower leagues where I can start from the bottom of the pyramid and work my way up to league football starting with a team of nobodies.

I think management games got worse the more "realistic" they tried to make the experience. I mostly enjoy transfers, picking the team and playing the games. Tactics and training were fine but once they started with all the press stuff and players whinging at you then refusing to play well because you hurt their feelings it got more dull.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
Southwark Mariner
September 2, 2022, 4:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

Oooo, is it free?

yeah, an epic account is free. Only cost is your amazon prime
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
immariner
September 2, 2022, 4:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
I've been clean from any sort of Football manager game for around 10 years now. My horrific addiction started as a kid with the original Kevin Toms Football Manager game in the 80's/90's, got a bit out of hand as a teenager with Premier Manager 2 and then went into full blown weeks/months/years of my life lost with Championship Manager/Football Manager.

Hahaha i call it being clean too. I didn't buy a new FM game since 2008 for the same reason, starts to take over your life. Recently have relapsed but gone back to CM01/02 as it's brilliant. I limit myself to non-work days and for 2 hours max haha Not always successfully!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
Lost in Lincoln
September 2, 2022, 4:37pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

yeah, an epic account is free. Only cost is your amazon prime

Excellent, thank you.  Not played FM for years

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 44
BrMarin
September 2, 2022, 5:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +95
Gold Stars: 8
Fm12 was the be best. Grimsby had NO good players. Although I had Hearn score an overhead kick from a corner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
LN8Mariner
September 2, 2022, 5:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +329
Gold Stars: 9
As with others started on the Spectrum with Football Manager. Then came Football Director, with its extra £10000  if the match finished with 5 goals! Started CM in 95ish, always start with Town. Had a mammoth career as Port Vale after being sacked. Still got a saved game on the go for FM07 (I followed SI rather than the name) that’s in 2042 as Roma (after getting the sack from Sporting Gijon after Town!!). I’m so superstitious though and if I’ve played it and Town go on a bad spell in real life then I’ll stop, I won’t play on a match day until after Town’s match and I’ve got to save after a win to clearly influence Town’s result!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Manager Players

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.