Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Transfers so far.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 256 Guests

Transfers so far.

This thread currently has 5,088 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimsby2012
August 27, 2022, 10:46am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
Got to say, I'm not overly impressed with our transfers so far.

We've made some good cash and from what I've seen, we just haven't used it.

It's evident that an experienced and proven striker is needed and there are no whiffs of that happening.

We may have a few days left to save this but its gone completely quiet and we are already 5 games in from today...

Disappointed...

The lack of a quality striker is seriously going to bite us in the behind further in the season.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
August 27, 2022, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,880
Gold Stars: 1,523
Montel Gibson, Alhagi Touray Sisay, Ira Jackson Jr, Virgil Gomis. That’s what happens when you take any striker going just to make up the numbers.

Our recruitment since last summer has been excellent. There are 5 days left until the end of the window, and I suspect more so than ever that this will be a window where things happen late for most clubs. Chill out.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
denni266
August 27, 2022, 11:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Got to say, I'm not overly impressed with our transfers so far.

We've made some good cash and from what I've seen, we just haven't used it.

It's evident that an experienced and proven striker is needed and there are no whiffs of that happening.

We may have a few days left to save this but its gone completely quiet and we are already 5 games in from today...

Disappointed...

The lack of a quality striker is seriously going to bite us in the behind further in the season.

Totaly agree with this  18 months or more without a main striker is a bit beyond belief realy..  Yes good strikers are not as plentyfull as other areas and cost money  but without one you will struggle as you go up the leagues . Hurst needs to start living in the real world and spend some cash because thats what it takes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
ginnywings
August 27, 2022, 11:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
We will have made plenty of enquiries and offers, but we can't force players to come here.

The players we will be interested in will have options and we've already seen one target go to a club in a higher division as PH mentioned last week.

As the deadline nears, it will focus the mind and things will start to move.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
Rodley Mariner
August 27, 2022, 11:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from denni266

Totaly agree with this  18 months or more without a main striker is a bit beyond belief realy..  Yes good strikers are not as plentyfull as other areas and cost money  but without one you will struggle as you go up the leagues . Hurst needs to start living in the real world and spend some cash because thats what it takes

You know we got promoted last season don't you?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
HoratiusEberlin
August 27, 2022, 11:13am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +216
Gold Stars: 10
We are still to see some of our signings – two of them attackers – and Wearne and Pepple are still bedding in/adapting. Add McAtee to the list and we are not badly stocked. I appreciate that we have a thin squad right now but that will also speed Pepple’s improvement as he is guaranteed more game time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
Wedidntdidwe
August 27, 2022, 11:20am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +380
Gold Stars: 22
Grimsby2012 available for free transfer to any club missing an idiot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2022, 11:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from denni266

That strategy got Chesterfield promoted last year didn’t it?………. Oh hang in maybe not !

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
Hagrid
August 27, 2022, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
I see the usual suspects are back! Wheres Yoda?

Yes we all want a striker, but PH is not going to sign one for the sake of it. Just look at the names Poojah mentioned….
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
aldi_01
August 27, 2022, 11:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from denni266

You’re either the same person as the original poster, really bad at sarcasm or spent the entirety of last season asleep.

Some flipping oddballs on here, imagine shitting a brick when you’ve no actual idea what’s in the pipeline, not to mention the fact our recruit since hollowayhead has left has been excellent, in and out…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Transfers so far.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.